Have Windows Developer Skills? Join Our New Microsoft Developer Groupse_carries | Jun 25, 2012
In the freelance economy, your skills determine how often you are hired and how much you earn. You can demonstrate these skills to prospective clients by taking one of our many skill tests or, starting today, by joining our expanded Microsoft Developers Program that matches certified Windows 8, Windows Phone, Windows Azure and Microsoft web developers with businesses searching for expert talent.
Today marks the launch of four new Microsoft developer groups where businesses can browse and hire technical experts on demand. The new groups also feature a “Jobs” category that allows freelancers to submit proposals to new projects with a single click.
- Microsoft Windows 8—uses the Metro UI that will extend to Windows phone
- Microsoft Windows Phone—includes app development and other cloud based services
- Microsoft Windows Azure—uses an open cloud platform that enables users to quickly build, deploy and manage applications across a global network of Microsoft-managed datacenters
- Microsoft Web Developers—includes Internet Explorer, IIS, ASP.NET and other web applications
If you have Microsoft certification, you can join a group by going to the Microsoft Certified Professionals page and clicking on the “Join this group” button at the top of the page.
Elance contractors with one of the following certifications will be automatically admitted:
- MS Certified Solutions Developer
- MS Certified Professional Developer
- MS Certified Application Developer
- MS Certified Architect
- MS Technology Associate
Interested in getting certified? Visit the Microsoft Certification overview page on the Microsoft website to learn more.