Full Stack Ruby on Rails Web Application Development Project
You will be building a web application for a startup accelerator, womenstartuplab.com, working on the full stack. Please find our interim website at the given url.
We're looking for a ROR Web Developer for a web application project that is starting from scratch - the app will be configured for you for the sake of time but you should be capable of reproducing our setup if asked. You may be asked setup related questions in an interview.
Feature mockups in UXPin will be provided along the way via Pivotal Tracker for various pages off the main page, including a FAQ page that will be editable from an admin dashboard, a blog that will be built to have good SEO - also to be editable from the admin dashboard, a page about the accelerator, and a video library accessible to users once they have been logged in.
Additionally, we will be using the API for Recruiterbox to build an application for the accelerator on our platform and a few other APIs for various other things. Some more complex projects are in the pipeline for later on.
The front page has been designed and is already being built. You will do some basic functionality support in connecting it to the Ruby app but otherwise the designer knows css, CoffeeScript and HAML and can take care of the front page development.
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Punctual with communication.
- Portfolio of relevant experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Alignment with the company vision of supporting female entrepreneurs.
- Extensive experience with Ruby on Rails, angular.js, HAML, and CoffeeScript.
- 3 years of consistent work on Ruby on Rails is strongly preferred, 5 years is ideal.
- Write clean, modular, robust code to meet story requirements.
- Use Test Driven Development to ensure code is high quality.
- Manage Stories in Pivotal Tracker and deliver code via GitHub.
- Use GitFlow to create feature branches.
- Use CodeShip for CI.
- Feature testing with Heroku. (No familiarity of feature testing required)
- Utilization of RESTful design.
- Utilization of communication tools such as Slack.
- Familiarity with Chef preferred.
- Availability for scrum calls around 9:30pm PST. We will probably start with daily calls and decrease the frequency as story lengths increase and as familiarity with the project increases.
- Collaborative, positive, attitude.
- Openness to feedback and a strong desire to improve as a developer.
- Willingness to engage in professional development.
- A desire to push code daily.
- Capacity to seek assistance when necessary.
- Good communication with development team.
- We will do an informational interview to get to know you and evaluate your fit with the project. Select candidates will be asked to do a technical interview where you will solve a coding challenge.
- Salary increase is available for demonstrated quality work and reliable communication.
- Please include a link to your github account if you have open source projects that you would like us to see.