Sports Betting / Networking / Marketplace - RUBY ON RAILS
We are a start-up creating a sports betting information sales/networking website. It is a site where users can create their profile, make sports bets with fake money, and keep track of their win/lose stats. When they make the fake bets on our site, the information can be public or private. If the users marks the bet private, they can sell the information of who they are betting on. Rankings will be done to sort top bettors in different categories. Users profiles will have graphs to visually display how well they are doing similar to a stock graph. Users can follow each other like Twitter so that they can stay aware when someone has a good bet for sale. There will also be contests on the site to allow competitions for them to win real money.
We already have a working site, but it has many bugs and still needs a lot more work to get it where we want. It is not yet mobile ready and that work will need to be done.
List of Task to be completed:
1. Update code to higher Ruby on Rails version. Create cleaner optimized code for maintainability.
2. Add more sports for betting availability. Currently have NBA, MLB, NFL, and NHL. Need to add the sports below, including half time bets. Spreads are provided by XML Feed.
Basketball: college, college womens, props
Football: college, props
Baseball: college, props
Hockey: college, props
Soccer: Asia, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, England, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, International, Italy, Mexico, Portugal, South America, Spain, Wales
Golf : Majors, PGA, European, Seniors, Ladies
Tennis: ATP, ATP Doubles, Challenger, ITF Women
Fighting: Boxing, UFC, Props
3. Fix Grading System: Final scores are provided by XML/JSON. Sometimes pending bets are not graded. This needs to be fixed and grading needs to be coded for the additional sports added in item 2.
4. Fix Hot Players list. This list determines whose on a winning streak.
5. Fix Odds payout. Some payouts on the odds are incorrect. Simple calculation fix.
6. Paypal integration. Currently using Stripe payment system. Prefer Paypal.
7. Front end design fix: Fix graphs to show correct data, create a look that is easier to read overall.
8. Mobile ready. Currently not working on mobile browsers.
9. Social media integration. Allow users to share their profile, pending picks, or past picks.
10. Desktop browser compatibility. Site is not fully compatible with all desktop browsers.