I have experience generating figures & conducting field work for NEL Reports, Hydro G Studies, Soil Assessment & Remediation, C of Air & Noise, etc. Additionally, I draft/map site plans for aggegate pits & quarries, which includes addition of notes as they pertain to legislation, and all associated research activities (zoning, land use, well water records, land-use conflict issues, land title searches, etc, etc). I have also conducted site visitations for the purposes of government compliance reports, data capture, and data verification. My...
Read More »
I have over five years of directly related experience with AutoCAD and GIS software. I also acted as a Teachers Assistant in Cartography/GIS while attaining my undegraduate degree. Additionally, I have strength/experience with image enhancement packages such as Corel Draw and Paint Shop Pro. I also have experience with field data capture and GIS/AutoCAD integration, and a number of other software packages such as Google SketchUp. I am seeking opportunities to do remote and/or in-house work in any of the above mentioned areas, which includes teaching/training services for beginner to intermediate level users. I can generate tutorial booklets (with print screens), teach via webcam, or on site depending on location. Other services include:
- Drafting from legal surveys, geospatial data, GPS Data (converted to ESRI shapefiles & compatible with most versions of CAD).
- Field data capture & ground truthing (using GPS & Geodetic survey devices).
- Mapping services & analysis (areas outside of my expertise will be outsourced to relevant professionals ie - PGeo, PEng, etc).
- "To scale" building/house floorplans
- Image enhancement/modification in Corel Draw & Paint Shop Pro
- 3D surface generation from DEM, Geodetic survey & topographic spatial data in AutoCAD
- Air photo orthorectification/mapping
- Google SketchUp projects
- Conversion of DBase, .csv, Microsoft Excel files to spatial files
- Data aggregation/augmentation (value added data generation).
- Logo design...
Read More »
DST Consulting Engineers
2008 - Present
I generate location maps, site plans, floor plans and other drawings for various departments (Aggregates, Outdoor and Building Environmental) using AutoCAD and ESRI software. Conduct various field...
Caracle Creek International Consulting
2006 - 2007
Acquired publications and spatial data pertinent to each project/company. Generated valued added spatial data using various GIS tools and techniques. Generated Geology, claim and location maps...
Ministry of Northern Development & Mines
GIS/Map Producer - 6 month contract
2006 - 2006
Created, enhanced and modified MNDM Geology maps & posters in Corel Draw, Paint Shop Pro and Photo Paint in accordance with OGS publication standards. Ran and maintained complex plotting...
Laurentian University Geography Department
Teachers Assistant/Lab Advisor
2002 - 2005
Prepared lessons and taught in-lab/practical sessions in Cartography and Introduction to GIS in the Geography labs. Taught numerous software packages, with a primary focus on ArcView and MapInfo....