I am a highly experienced and versatile software engineer who delivers high quality complex software solutions within challenging time scales. During my professional career I have constantly adapted to changing platforms and technologies - starting with C++, to Visual Basic to .NET.
Read More »
My primary technical areas of expertise are WinForms development (C#.NET, VB.NET), Middle-tier, WCF, WPF, Web development (ASP.NET), Database development & Administration (SQL), .Net (2003,2005,2008).
Subsidiary skills include Photoshop (CS2), MS Access...
Out of my 21 years experience, I have over 9 years experience developing oil & gas processes simulation models for a mechanical engineering consultancy. My work there included developing a steady-state fully integrated process model of gas compression systems from the reservoir to transmission lines. I also developed a transient analysis tool for observing the dynamics of events in an oil & gas facility.
Prior to working in the engineering field, I was the lead developer for a corporate catering management system for 4 years which included bulk buying, costing, tender processing, rebate management, financial capture and online ordering.
Brief list of other experience includes:
- lead developer for a point-of-sale module for a retail SME accounting package
- online machinery health analyser and performance monitoring tool
- online school stationery & equipment ordering system
- fleet management system for trucking company
- management system for cargo shipping company
- statistical analysis of buying trends (Mercedes Benz parts division)
- financial planning system (Insurance broker)
- employee performance analysis system (Barclays bank)
I also have specialist know-how in modernising and adding value to older software considering cost effectiveness, testability, and maintainability.
Most of my experience is full life-cycle development, so I'm great with solution design (system architecture, user interface, databases structure), interfacing with 3rd party software,...
Read More »