Independent Consultant, SQL DBA, SQL MVP, MCM SQL Server 2008.
Read More »
I have specializes as an independent consultant working with platforms such as SQL Server(Reporting Services, Integration Services , Replications ),Visual Studio 2005,2008, 2010 IDE,WCF and XML based Web services, VMware’s vSphere, Hyper-V, and enterprise storage platforms such as EMC’s CLARiiON, DMX, VNX, VNXe, vMAX, vBlock, Celerra, etc. as well as XVI array and NetApp’s filers in addition to a variety of server hardware platforms including blade systems such as Cisco’s UCS...
I used to manage the Production Database of various organizations.
Some typical tasks I used to do :
1. Review SQL Server performance and train staff on areas for improvement in code, storage, indexes, and configuration in three days.
2. Implement VMware vSphere, a new Equallogic SAN, Veeam backups, virtualize existing hardware, and train company staff on management, all in one week
3.Assess a SaaS company’s current infrastructure and help them plan a global scale-out architecture in one week
4. Jump-start a company’s failed SQL Server blade deployment project, fix configuration issues, load test it, and be ready to go live in three days
5. Analyze upcoming changes to SQL Server for their impact on customers and products
6. Help design new features for Quest products
7.Handle highest level of support escalation calls about SQL Server, hardware, and storage issues
8. Work with a project manager to determine the database infrastructure for a new third-party software package
9. Help in-house developers improve performance of their applications
10. Monitor status of company’s sales infrastructure, all of which went through SQL Server
11. Consolidate databases onto less servers to cut software and infrastructure costs
12. Led the company’s Architecture Review Team to ensure long-term success of app designs
13. Designed and implemented database change
14. Reviewed and tuned SQL queries, stored procedures, views, triggers
15. Managed health of SQL Servers including backups,...
Read More »