Jan 1, 2014|Copywriting|$175|Completed
Nov 13, 2013|Editing & Proofreading|$216|Completed
Sep 7, 2013|Editing & Proofreading|$20|Completed
Aug 13, 2013|Editing & Proofreading|$33|Completed
Working with words isn't just what I do - it's who I am. My writing life has three main facets: professional, academic, and creative, and this breadth has given me great versatility as a freelancer.
* Versatile freelancer with excellent client feedback.
* I've written feature articles, web content for small businesses, brochures, and more.
* Editing is one of my particular strengths. I've helped many of my clients "find their voice" and present their thoughts, creative works, or products professionally to their audience in documents ranging from academic journal articles to product labels.
* Since I'm also an aspiring creative writer, I take a special interest in fiction and non-fiction manuscripts.
* For seven years, I worked in the nonprofit field, in positions ranging from front-line case management to behind-the-scenes administrative work. I have a special interest in nonprofit development and grantwriting, and successfully completed a short professional development course in grantwriting through the University of Denver.
* 2002 graduate of Oberlin College with a B.A. in English and creative writing. Phi Beta Kappa with a GPA of 3.83.
* Current MFA candidate for fiction at Rutgers-Camden.
* Teaching experience as a teaching assistant responsible for 2 sections/semester of first-year composition. (Fall 2012/spring 2013.)
* My short fiction has appeared in Wilderness House Literary Review, Perigee, Avatar Review, and Kestrel....
Read More »
Enrollment Retention Specialist
2007 - 2011
Drafted, proofread and edited program correspondence. Proofread program reports and web copy. Researched grant opportunities. Applied for federal eRate funding for program.
Interfaith Hospitality Network of Greater Denver
2003 - 2004
Drafted and edited appeal letters, grant proposals, and resource material for program clients.