As a Certified Professional Resume Writer, I've written personal marketing documents - like resumes, cover letters, and other supporting documents - for entry-level employees and Fortune 500 executives.
Read More »
The industries I've become familiar with are many and include - but are not limited to - Accounting, Finance, Sales, HR, Advertising, Marketing, PR, IT, CPG, Engineering, Organic Chemistry, Education, TeleCom, Oil/Gas Driling, Logistics/Transport Management, Green Energy, Business Consulting, Construction, Environmental Remediation,...
If I could show you a simple way you can get people to pay twice as much attention to your resume, would you be interested?
Let's begin by identifying a very misleading statement that other, not so realistic, writing professionals make. The myth deals with first impressions.
Can I ask you to count to 10 for me? If you would, please count a full 10 seconds without speeding up or slowing down.
That's a pretty long time, isn't it?
The sooner you realize how much 'looking' you can do in 10 seconds, the sooner you'll appreciate the concept of first impressions.
Imagine you've just walked into the dentist's office. You have a few minutes before they call you in, so you pick up a magazine and start thumbing through the pages.
You see an article and you stop.
Do you now take the next 10 seconds to decide whether you want to read the article? Probably not. If your not sure... take a moment to count to 10 once again. Your answer is still likely to be No. Why? Because you're in scan mode.
Your goal at that moment is to find a visually appealing and easily digestible piece of reading material - not some dreary, densely written story like the ones you've passed over.
By now, you may have already started thinking of all the ways you can make your resume different and more welcoming. That's great because it's time to talk resume.
With hundreds and thousands of resumes flooding their offices daily, do you
think hiring managers...
Read More »
Career Development Services
Confidential Employment Information
2008 - Present
Equity/Fixed Income Documentation Analyst
2007 - 2008
* Prepared documentation for a wide range of equity derivative and fixed income products (i.e. swaps, share/index options, options on variance swaps, cliquet options, and asian options); applied...
2003 - 2006
* Supported commodities trading desk, specializing in energy, soft agricultural, and precious metals.
* Cleared daily activity through various platforms, including NYMEX clearport, ICE, and OTC....
2002 - 2003
* Coordinated coupon payments for interesr rate swap and other fixed income derivative transactions.
* Reconciled brokerage accounts, resolving outstanding trade discrepancies.
2001 - 2002
* Balanced an avegarge of 70-80 phone calls per day as point of contact for IR swap payments and interest claims.
Bachelor of Arts
1997 - 2001