Proven writer, copy editor and social media maven interested in urban economic development, real estate trends and lifestyle content. More than four years of consulting work in these areas of expertise, combined with a unique background that helps me to in excel in a broader range of areas. Priorities of mine include turning around content quickly, efficiently and with the client's goals in mind.
View full range of expertise by viewing my attached resume or connecting with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/amaher09
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Real Estate Salesperson
2013 - Present
• Ongoing consulting relationships with public, private and nonprofit agencies.
• Work includes drafting original content (e.g. blogs, newsletters, reports) as well as proposal development and responses to RFPs. Areas of expertise include policy development, real estate, business and economic development
City of Somerville
Senior Economic Development Specialist
2013 - Present
• Manage large-scale commercial development projects including Assembly Square (1.75 billion s.f. development) and Union Square (2 billion s.f.); coordinate across City departments, Master Development partners and community organizations.
• Oversee one of the Commonwealth’s largest Brownfield Redevelopment programs in the Commonwealth, with $4 million in funding for assessment, remediation and cleanup of Somerville’s 500+ brownfield sites.
• Facilitate business attraction, retention and expansion of businesses in Somerville, including attraction of Greentown Labs.
• Manage all workforce development efforts, including cluster-based strategies (e.g. food, green jobs), youth-based efforts (e.g. Boston Fed’s Working Cities Challenge), and regional collaborations (e.g. MassDOT’s GLX-WIN initiative).
• Unmatched understanding of regional economic development strategies.
Initiative for a Competitive Inner City
2011 - Present
• Research, analyze and share with national audience the best practices in equitable urban economic and business development.
• Brought What Works research platform from conception to completion. Built and maintained strategic partnerships with other national thought-leaders.
• Analyze market, business/development trends and industry drivers.
• Lead contributor to marketing and social media efforts. Primary economic development blog writer. Draft content, newsletters, etc.
• Unique understanding of the assets (fixed and otherwise, e.g. talent) that contribute to competitive development markets.
Boston Redevelopment Authority
Economic Development Intern
2010 - 2010
• Researched and prepared testimony regarding economic development initiatives for the Governor.
• Analyzed casino landscape throughout Massachusetts; compared legislative proposals and made recommendations on final Casino Bill.
• Helped to research, launch Governor’s Advanced Manufacturing Initiative, focused on upgrading both physical infrastructure and workforce to meet needs of high-tech advanced manufacturing industry.
Summers & Summers
Real Estate Paralegal
2008 - 2010
Prepare and handle all Title Orders. Drafted Deeds, Condo Documents, Mortgages, Purchase and Sale Agreements, 6-D certificates. Collected appropriate information from Registry of Deeds, Tax Assessors. Work on all litigation proceedings, filing documents with the appropriate courts and counsel.
Law Offices of David Grossack, PC
2007 - 2008
Arber & Badolato, LLP
2007 - 2007