AMgrade's strengths put together constitute the areas combining:
* strong development skills+bleeding edge technologies+client-oriented approach+corporate ethics;
* white label development;
* serving the Drupal community since 2010: https://drupal.org/node/1314316
* people who talk English and German, not only the "Tech";
* reliable web development partner for hundreds of the successful entrepreneurs and well established businesses worldwide and... maybe You?
We at AMgrade are the PHP frameworks and Drupal Evangelists who believe in open-source and common coding standards and best practices. We stick to the opinion that the proper architecture of the web project comes from the clear vision and a very thorough planning.
In our work we try to use the DRY (Don't Repeat Yourself) principle where possible and tend to avoid over complex architecture for the easiness of maintenance, while keeping a close eye on delivering a clean and robust standard compliant code, reducing the amount of the latter via the proper use of the available API. In our approach to the development we tend not to be tied up to any particular technology but rather offer our client the most economically advantageous solution in terms of the budget and the development time.
Our development model and the management process:
We strongly stick to the waterfall methodology which is a sequential design process, meaning that as each of the eight stages (conception, initiation, analysis, design, construction, testing, implementation, and maintenance) are completed, our developers move on to the next step.
Being an off-site development team for our clients most of the time, we strongly suggest and emphasize a project should not start-off without a clear vision of the outcome and a thorough project requirements development and analysis. While an agile methodology may well be used in the situations when the scope of the project is not yet defined and to start quickly we at AMgrade prefer the standard waterfall methodology due to agile's most evident disadvantages being the following:
- many agile methods put emphasis on the close work with client. With a less successful project manager, the project can become a series of code sprints. If this happens, the project is likely to come in late and over budget;
- as the initial project doesn't have a definitive plan, the final product can be grossly different than what was initially intended;
- in case of some software deliverables, especially the large ones, it is difficult to assess the effort required at the beginning of the software development lifecycle;
- there is lack of emphasis on necessary designing and documentation. Some projects are large and complex enough that one really can't start without doing a lot of the up-front design work using a more waterfall-like approach.
With the disadvantages listed above the main agile principle of saving time and money may well lead to its exactly doing vise versa, especially concerning the off-site / off-shore nature of the subcontractor.
We at AMgrade intend to minify our clients' risks by giving a dedicated project manager who aids our customers in the proper definition of the project scope, necessary up-front design so the deliverables and outcome are as predictable as possible.
At the concept/initiation phase (one of the very first meetings) you will be presented with a set of design prototypes to help both you and us elaborate on the desired design/layout for your project.
Our customer success managers will make our work on your project as painless and as seamlessly integrated as possible, letting you view daily/weekly progress results via one of our online project management tools.
- graphic design, wireframes;
- project management for all stages of the development;
- development and deployment;
- database administration, development and design;
- data migration;
- project rescue;
- support and maintenance;
Technologies we use:
- Languages: PHP, ROR, HTML, CSS, AJAX;
- Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, MariaDB and equivalent, PostgreSQL;
- Technologies/frameworks: Node.js, jQuery, Bootstrap;
- Development tools: Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, SASS(Compass), LESS;
- Servers: Apache, Nginx, MySQL, Solr, Varnish;
- Platforms: UNIX-based, Phone, Android;
- Case-Modeling: Axure
We do believe that happy customers are returning customers and strive to achieve the latter with all the means possible. If your expectations are in tune with our approach towards the management and completion of your project we are definitely looking forward to hearing from you!
Number of Employees
I can't say enough wonderful things about these guys. Highly professional, reliable, rustworthy, problem solving development team, that just gets the job done right! If you're looking for Drupal experts, look no further! They are the team!
Very professional and skilled with Drupal. Great communication, will be working with AMgrade on future projects.
Taking Monday, CEO
AMgrade exceeds expectations every time and truly work hard to ensure you are happy. They have a lot of pride in their work. I plan on using them again in the upcoming months for even larger projects! They are very talented.