I am a creative software developer who has a passion for programming. I have over 13 years of experience in many different languages and technologies and I am quick to learn new ones. I live and breathe code. I am constantly reading new technical books to stay current with the latest technologies and hone my skills. I strive to write quality code to very high standards. I do not take shortcuts or cut corners and I always work until I come up with a high quality solution that I am personally satisfied with and am proud to deliver. I work hard to meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
Feel free to contact me with any development project you may have. I can write software for Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, and UNIX/Linux. I specialize in Cocoa Development but also do a lot of text and data processing using Perl and regular expressions.
What do you receive when you hire me? You will receive fast responses, detailed status updates, relevant technical consulting and excellent communication throughout the lifecycle of the project. Freelancing is my full-time job and I take it very seriously.
When you hire me, you will receive value for your money. I build the following services into my hourly rate:
- Software Planning and Design
- Technical and UX Consulting within the Project's Scope
- User-Interface Design with adherence to the Apple's Human Interface Guidelines (HIG)
- Implementation utilizing defensive programming practices, the MVC paradigm and Object-Oriented principles and design patterns
- Clear, organized, self-documenting code with supplemental comments for documentation throughout
- Thorough testing of functionality and stability
- Debugging in GDB or LLDB and Static Analysis of the code
- Performance testing in Instruments (CPU usage, GPU usage, memory usage, energy/battery usage, network usage, etc.)
- Elimination of errors, warnings, memory leaks, retain/reference cycles memory spikes, bug regressions, etc.
As anyone involved with software development can attest to, sometimes bugs do creep up and require extra time to track down and fix. Rather than submitting substandard code with issues and moving on to the next job, I will take the extra time to find and eliminate all known issues discovered during development and testing to ensure you receive high quality code. I have an iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, and iPad so you can be assured that the code I provide will be thoroughly tested on actual physical devices, not just in the simulators. Physical device testing is essential as it uncovers many performance, memory, and network issues that can easily be missed if a developer only tests on the simulators.
I graduated in 2008 with my B.S. in Computer Information Systems from Arizona State University. Since graduation I have been at the forefront of computer technology programming for mobile devices, specifically Apple's iOS devices including the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
I have experience using the following languages and frameworks: C, C++, C#, Objective-C, ASP.NET, Java, PHP, Perl, Regular Expressions, SQL, Visual Basic, Delphi, Win32 API, and Cocoa/Cocoa Touch. I am familiar with Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, Apple Xcode, and Apple's Instruments.
Arizona State University
Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems
2003 - 2008