I am a technical editor, writer, proofreader and researcher with 20 years of experience of working with technology companies. I am happy to work in any field of science and industry.
Providing any product or service needs the right words, presented in a way that suits the moment. Good grammar, correct spelling and a great choice of language will say more about your offering than you may imagine.
With a background in technical Product Management, I have created and managed the writing of countless documents, from project briefs and research reports to press releases, user guides and web copy.
- Edit of a white paper on an Aerospace Quality Standard (US);
- Edit of help documents (83 of them) for a business logistics software package (Canada);
- Edits of newsletters for a web based Parents Support business (US);
- Rewrite copy for the English language website for a Russian marketing company;
- Writing of web copy for a solar equipment installer (US).
I have a first degree in Manufacturing Engineering and a Masters degree in Marketing. I have worked for companies doing business all round the World and have travelled to many parts of it too. I don't write romantic novels. I do write business related documents, web text, presentations and user guides. I can also carry out research on a whole range of product and technology areas.
I have worked as a Product Manager in the fields of telecommunications, data communications, cash management, machine tool calibration, metrology systems, access control and security.
University of Manchester
Masters in Marketing
1987 - 1988
University of Bath
1982 - 1986