Everything you need throughout the writing process, from brainstorming to publishing a final product. If you are looking for a developmental editor, I have worked on several book-length manuscripts to help with character, plot, setting, flow, organization, and marketability. If you want a final polish before sending your manuscript out, I am a painstaking and detail-oriented copyeditor. I also work as a copywriter/ghost writer.
Read More »
Nov 10, 2014|Editing & Proofreading|Private|Completed
The services I offer fall into three broad categories: (1) idea/content development, (2) writing, (3) copyediting. I am happy to take work that falls into any of these categories or that spans all three.
I am ready to help you to brainstorm ideas, flesh out an existing idea, or work on structure and flow of a draft. These services can look very different depending on the context of your job. Some examples:
- Storyboard a novel or film script.
- Read the first draft of a business article or proposal and make suggestions about structure, flow, diction, and content (developmental editing).
- Read a draft of a fiction book or nonfiction book and give feedback on the story arc, characters, and pacing (developmental editing).
I can draft articles, creative pieces, legal writing, reports, promotional materials, and many other forms of writing. Some examples:
- Drafted profiles of scientists for inclusion in a nonfiction book on famous scientists.
- Wrote an article on remedies in the patent system for a law journal.
- Drafted content for a legal textbook.
I am eager to edit your work, examining the work at whatever level of detail you prefer, from giving suggestions on the overall organization and structure of the piece to editing for grammar, syntax, and clarity to checking citations. Some examples:
- Edit the final draft of a scholarly article, checking that citations support the assertions made and that citations are in...
Read More »