Girish is an Independent Embedded Systems Consultant with over 15 years of industry experience predominantly in firmware development. He provides services in the Embedded Systems domain. His skills covers both hardware and software like designing microcontroller/microprocessor based products, programming, RTOS and communication protocols. He has experience in building requirements and specifications, design document, test plans, writing application notes, technical paper, user manual & data sheets.
Read More »
Girish is an Embedded Systems expert with versatile experience working in reputed organizations. He has over 15 years of industry experience predominantly in firmware development. His experience covers firmware and software development for imaging, safety-critical systems, data acquisition, process control, real-time systems, library development & testing equipments. He brings in the unique distinction of the ability to work with both hardware and software. He has experience in interacting with customers, vendors, managing sub-contractors and recruitment. He focuses on setting up proper project processes to ensure efficient product delivery.
Girish's experience covers working in multi-locational large teams as well as small local teams in both Multinational and Indian companies. He has worked with companies like IBM, GE, Polaroid, WindRiver Systems, Maxim Integrated Products and CDIL. He received B.E. Degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering from Bangalore University.
Girish's skills covers a wide variety of topics like:
- Microprocessors / Microcontrollers: Intel's 8051, 8085, 8086, 80186 & 80930, Dallas Semiconductor's 80C390 & 80C400, Maxim's MAXQ2000, MAXQ3100 & MAXQ7654, Microchip's PIC16C71, LSI logic's DCAM-101 (Derivative of MIPS 3000), Scanlogic's SL11R and TI's DSP TMS320C6711
- Programming language: C, Assembly and Forth
- IDE: Tornado, KEIL, IAR, Code composer studio
- Real Time Operating systems: VxWorks and pSOS
- Communication protocols:...
Read More »
DeviceArt Firmware Consultants
2007 - Present
- Designed a control algorithm for controlling the UPS, based on Atmel's AT90PWM2 microcontroller, and developed C based code
- Designed a battery manager circuit and provided some software fix...
Maxim India Integrated Circuit Design Pvt. Ltd.
Staff Software Engineer
2004 - 2007
- Developed AES & SHA-1 library for 80C390 & 80C400 microcontrollers
- Developed for CAN and Timer peripheral library for MAXQ microcontrollers
- Authored an Application note for demonstrating...
Senior Software Engineer
2002 - 2004
- Modified and enhanced the features of Ultra-Cab II, an on-board automatic Train protection system, based on 80186 microprocessor, which supervises operation of the locomotive
2002 - 2002
- Project management, requirements management, system design, development co-ordination, technical guidance, reviews, documentation, integration planning and product delivery.
- Facilitated and...
WindRiver Systems Inc.
Senior Software Engineer
2000 - 2002
- Developed unit test code for FoundationHA
- Modified a part of FoundationHA code
- Prepared a part of FoundationHA User manual
IBM Global Services India Pvt. Ltd.
1999 - 2000
- Developed firmware for Gigabit Ethernet card in Forth language
Polaroid India Pvt. Ltd.
Engineer - Firmware
1998 - 1999
- Developed a Camera driver for Direct-Connect adapter, a device which interfaces Polaroid's
Colorshot film printer to a camera
- Developed Firmware for finger print image acquisition from the...
Continental Device India Limited
1997 - 1998
- Designed the CPU card for Transistor tester
- Developed firmware for the CPU card
- Interacted with the vendors to select and acquire the required components and equipments
Buildmet Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
1995 - 1997
- Designed the hardware & developed firmware for UPS controller
- Prepared data sheet for the UPS controller
- Interacted and helped the customers to develop UPS using the UPS controller
Infocontrol Systems Inc.
1993 - 1994
- Designed hardware for Temperature monitor & controller and Bar-graph display unit
- Interacted with the vendors to select and acquire the required components
Dayanandasagar College of Engineering
B.E. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
1989 - 1993