I have been a health and medical writer for over 15 years -- and have written on just about every medical topic.
Read More »
I am dedicated to educating consumers about healthy lifestyle and helping them make informed decisions when problems occur. Medicine can be complicated, and I get great satisfaction from helping people figure it out.
* Web-friendly writing with SEO and formatting.
* Blogs (ghostwriting), In-depth features, white paper reports, personality profiles, lifestyle pieces, marketing collateral, newsletters, press...
I provide a broad-based health communications service -- web content, feature and news articles, snappy copy nuggets/tips, marketing collateral, newsletters, patient education, press releases.
Writing about complex conditions (rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, migraines, diabetes) is regular fare for me. I translate heavy medical information for consumers -- with a flare that keeps readers engaged.
I believe in the power of the human interest story in health and medical writing. I'm an expert interviewer, able to get great quotes and spin a good tale.
My medical specialties include: allergies, alternative medicine, Alzheimers disease, arthritis, bariatric surgery, breast cancer, cardiology, children's health, cosmetic surgery, diabetes, nutrition, environmental toxins, menopause, mental health, migraines, oral health, osteoporosis, reproductive health, urology, supplements, women's health. I'm always ready to learn more.
Read More »
Jeanie Davis Copywriter LLC
2011 - Present
Full-time freelance copywriter for the health, medical, and healthcare industries
Jeanie Davis Freelance Writer
1996 - 1999
Clients included: American Cancer Society home office (helped launch their news website), Arthritis Foundation (including Arthritis Today magazine), Emory School of Medicine (magazine articles),...
St. Luke's Episc Hospital/Texas Heart Institute
Corporate Communications Writer
1991 - 1996
* Wrote patient education materials for world-renowned heart center and hospital in the Texas Medical Center.
* Promoted to managing editor/writer for two publications, a consumer magazine and a...
Univ of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center
Editor - Scientific Publications
1988 - 1990
* Copy editor for scientific articles written by medical researchers at prestigious cancer treatment facility. Helped authors rework their papers before submission to leading medical journals (like...