I currently work in the I.T. field and have done so for the past twenty years. In my spare time, I enjoy writing, reading, PC Gaming, hiking and traveling. I have several blogs I maintain and share my thoughts on and I'm always looking for a new challenge.
Read More »
Current Job Duties Include:
• Upgrades, installs, configures and maintains personal computing equipment, including servers, databases, workstations, laptops, netbooks, tablets and peripherals; reconfigures equipment and system software to meet changing user needs; diagnoses the causes of computer equipment failure, and conducts routine maintenance and repair of peripheral equipment (e.g. disk drives, scanners, printers, etc).
• Resolves connectivity issues, documents reported problems and tracks them through resolution; to appropriate technical staff; assists the help desk. Utilizes Numara Track-It Software to track and complete service requests.
• Authorizes access to the system; creates and maintains profiles on the system; sets up permission authorization for shared folders between departments; maintains all aspects of computer security.
• Serve in a supervisory lead role for I.T. projects.
• Creates and maintains computer images utilizing ImageX software.
• Develops, maintains and schedules job runs; reviews computer generated reports for accuracy and completeness; may assist with data analysis to determine training needs or system modifications/improvements.
Read More »