Brought up in Prague, now a freelance linguist, lives in London. Qualified, with DPSI (a degree-level interpreting diploma) and DipTrans (a postgraduate-level translation qualification); background in linguistics (read Czech at Charles University in Prague); growing knowledge of the two legal systems. Experienced enough to only accept jobs in which he will shine.
Read More »
I judge each project on its proper merits. Legal translations require research and rigid accuracy, convoluted though they may be – but they are a rarity. In articles and annual...
Dec 9, 2013|Other - Translation|$30|Completed
- Legal translation (judgements, court orders, police, legislation, policy & debate, contracts) and interpreting
- General translation (politics, business; letters, articles, brochures, annual reports) and interpreting
- Website localization & testing
- Subtitling (fiction, documentaries, debates & speeches, promotional)
- Two Acts of Parliament (Canada), as a part of cooperation with League of Human Rights. 9,000 words
- 2012 and 2013 annual reports and other work for Caritas CR, leading Czech NGO. 10,000 words each
-Bundles, witness reports, and judgements for family and criminal courts. 200,000+ words in last two years
- Articles of association of a joint stock company. 6,500 words
- Subtitles of a few TED talks translated.
- Timed subtitles of several feature films.
- www.viagogo.cz 50,000 words
- www.victoriamilan.cz 20,000 words
Read More »
Writer and translator from English to Czech
2005 - 2006
As one of editorial staff in a monthly real estate magazine, I was responsible for carrying out independent research, writing and editing articles, and translating into Czech.
Translator from English to Czech and press release
2003 - 2005
Working for an important Internet company, I was responsible for writing press releases, translating news articles from English to Czech, and created and edited editorial content in Czech.