Jul 7, 2015|Private|Web Programming|Completed|
My website 1.0 needs to be upgraded to v2.0. The structure is good, but it needs some new interactive media content including videos, turning Powerpoint presentations into white papers or booklets that can be downloaded, adding a blog, some more content and some SEO help.
The site was written last year in PHP. I wrote all the content and had some ...
“I am sorry to have to write this review. After more than 30 years in marketing, hiring contractors and employees, I can honestly say this person is the worst I have ever had to deal with. I have found Kelvin J of Bizlance to lack professionalism, competence and integrity. These are strong words, I know, but they are written as a result of my experience from hiring him to redesign my website.
The task was not difficult: redesign my existing site using Wordpress and the elements currently in use to accommodate a blog, videos, and easy content update. What I actually received was far from I requested. This is what went wrong:
1. Communication - His communication skills in both verbal and written form are horrendous. He says he understands objectives but clearly did not.
2. Punctuality - He missed numerous phone calls that were arranged in advance, causing us to reschedule them at a great inconvenience to me.
3. Missed Deadlines - he did not hit the milestone deadlines he initially promised.
4. Incompetence - His design work was substandard, and the coding work poorly executed. The new designer I hired to complete job reviewed the files and promptly discarded them -- all of them.
5. Lack of Integrity - After reaching a verbal agreement to resolve the dispute, once I removed the "dispute pending" status he immediately filed for payment -- even though the website was not completed. I objected and tried to have it changed, but due to my lack of knowledge with Elance procedures, was not able to stop the payment.
In the end he received 90% of the payment and I received nothing but worthless files that never accomplished the initial objective. I would not hire this person to do any work and caution all Elance users about this contractor. Contact me for more details if you like. I would have taken him to court if he were in my state so I stand by my statements. These comments come as a result of my actual experience with Kelvin J of Bizlance.