I have experience and education within in the field of media and communications. I have worked as a communications consultant for a government HIV/AIDS awareness agency. Through this I have garnered great experience in event management as it pertains to meetings, conferences, seminars and campaign endeavours on a national level.
I have formal training in the field of Journalism and Writing and hands on experience through the premier newspaper in my country, Ghostwriting primarily educational textbooks and SEO writing with a few webzines.
I have also been doing Photography for seven years, Specializing in Portraiture with a love for Landscape, Nature and Wildlife Photography.
At present I am pursuing a degree in English and Literature with education. I operate an outsourcing sole proprietorship doing mostly ghost writing for educational material and communications management for small businesses.
I am the sole proprietor of Bleuprint Communications Consultants catering to mostly small businesses and sole proprietors who need a professional job without the high cost. Services rendered are as follows:
Business and Administrative Support
Media and Communications Support (Marketing and Event Material)
Writing- Ghostwriting, SEO writing, Proofreading
Business and Administrative Support and the Media and Communications Support services are targeted mostly to individuals and small business just starting who require assistance with initial organization, implementation and marketing. Clients to date include a Travel Agency, Au Pair Service Agency and Video Production Companies. My training as a Communications Consultant within a national awareness HIV/AIDS company has equipped me with a comprehensive knowledge on all aspects of event planning from conception to post production. I am able to bring this copious knowledge to small business at a lower cost while providing him/her with the professionalism and sophistication a business needs to get noticed.
At present I write for Suite 101 where I can express my personal passion for Caribbean Travel and Cuisine. Other writing business includes Ghostwriting textbooks for the High School. Assignments to date include a cultural specific textbook on a historical art form in Trinidad & Tobago and another historical textbook based on culture specific political evolution
The University of the West Indies
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
TERTIARY LEVEL COURSES
2005 - 2008
SCHOOL OF CONTINUING STUDIES
2005 - 2005
THE HEALTH INSURANCE ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA
2000 - 2004
TRINIDAD THEATER WORKSHOP
2003 - 2003
The Computer Learning Center
1999 - 2000
Bleuprint Communications Consultancy
Sole proprietorship (Owner)
2008 - Present
Company Revised to include all of the following;
- Review objectives and needs of the organizations and develop advertising and communications strategies that will influence public opinion and promote services
-Production of publications and media ie: flyers, brochures, information booklets and training manuals
- Logistic management for public appearances, travel arrangements(Travel Agency is an ongoing client) and various events as it pertains to the specific organization.
- General Event Planning for meetings and conferences, campaigns etc.
Business Administrative Support
- Virtual Assistance
- Production of Business Form Templates as needed by business
- Computing email and direct mail correspondence
-Production of material for conferences, meetings etc. These include but are not limited to Power Point Presentations, Presentation Packages, Compilation of information packages
-General administrative organization of companies electronically, virtually and soft copy.
Writing and Publishing
-SEO Article writing
2006 - Present
Initially started as a Sole Proprietorship offering Wedding Photography, Photojournalism and Photo Enhancement and Digital Imaging
National AIDS Co-ordinating Company Committee
2007 - 2008
COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT (OJT)‚ NATIONAL AIDS CO-ORDINATING COMMITTEE (NACC)‚ PORT-OF-SPAIN 2007-2008
(I) Developing and Maintenance of hard and electronic filing system and database, of programme documents in accordance with NACC communications department structure.
(II) Computing of telephone, email and direct mail messaging and information dispatched to the Communications Manager.
(III) Monitoring and Compilation of a directory of stakeholders, contractors and celebrity/high profile clientele.
(I) Recording and compilation of minutes at department, stakeholder and contractor meetings as it pertains to campaign and committee endeavours.
(II) Receipt, Organization and Completion of correspondence from stakeholders and contractors as it relates to campaign endeavours and committee co-ordination programme.
(III) Preparing and Monitoring campaign and committee activity to do lists for the Communications Consultant, Communications Manager and Communications officer as it pertains to preparation and arrangement for printing of promotional items and educational media and co-ordination of courier services for said items.
(IV) Updating and Maintenance of educational and promotional information to be printed.
(V) Monitoring and Distribution of promotional items, media and correspondence for meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops via electronic format as dictated by a prepared distribution list.
CO-ORDINATING AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANCE
(I) Prepares and compiles agendas, background materials and programme reports for use in documents for meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops.
(II) Prepare and Distribute correspondence and information packages for conferences, meetings, seminars and workshops to stakeholders and celebrity/high profile personnel according to distribution list.
(III) Organize and liaise with internal kitchen service, conference centers, and caterers as it pertains to the provision of culinary services in accordance with budget for meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops.
(IV) Monitor and Organize promotional items and publications for distribution at campaigns endeavours, and events where promotions are targeted.
LOGISTICS SUPPORT AND MANAGEMENT
(I) Booking and Reservations of hotel rooms, air and ground transportation, conference and meeting spaces.
(II) Requesting quotations for conference centers, caterers and other contractors concerned with meeting, conference, seminar and workshop activities in keeping with department budget.
(III) Monitoring RSVP information for meetings and conferences to facilitate co-ordination of participants as it pertains to travel arrangements, individual bookings and attendance lists.
(IV) Organization and Reservation of advertorial/promotional media for use in meeting and conference space decoration.
(V) Reservation of media storage technicians to facilitate PA system set, videography facility and photography services.
2007 - 2007
JOURNALISM INTERNSHIP‚ TRINIDAD EXPRESS NEWSPAPERS PORT-OF-SPAIN 2007
• Writing and Journalism: This internship was targeted towards training interns to write however interns were exposed to other department processes for example photography and page design and layout. Journalism training was mostly practical as interns were given the opportunity to interview individuals and groups‚ visit the magistrate and high courts among others things to complete articles that were published if it met the caliber of the newspaper.
INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT RENTAL LTD
Data Entry Clerk
2006 - 2007
DATA ENTRY CLERK, INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT RENTAL LTD., PIARCO 2006-2007
• Data Entry: As part of the operations department my task was using the company system to log in time and attendance information from the slips provided by the vehicle drivers and maintenance staff and maintenance information for vehicles.
• Administrative Duties: Organizing and distributing pay slips for vehicle drivers and maintenance staff .
• Production of a Operator Task List/Procedure Manual.
• General Office Duties: Filing attendance slips and vehicle maintenance log.
2004 - 2006
PROCESSING CLERK, CLICO (TRINIDAD), PORT-OF-SPAIN 2004-2006
• Claims Adjudication: Processing health claims using a system designed for claim processing. Adjudication required knowledge of medical terminology pharmaceuticals and a basic understanding of the process of pathogens‚ disorders and disabilities.
• Customer Service/Collaboration: Liaising with the customer service department regarding queries about claim payment and receipt.
• Administrative Duties: Organizing documents for international payments‚ completing letters for clients confirming possession of insurance for receipt of visas‚ confirming payment for specific procedures to hospitals and doctors and letters of explanation to clients about payment queries.
British American Insurance Co. Ltd.
2000 - 2004
PROCESSING CLERK, BRITISH AMERICAN INSURANCE CO. LTD., BARATARIA 2000-2004
Support to the following sectors of the department
Health Claim Adjudication
Health Claim Administration
Health Insurance New Business Administration
Content and Fire New Business Administration
• General Department related Administrative Duties
• Claims Adjudication
• Underwriting Administration
• Data Entry
• Fire Underwriting
• General Office Duties
• Production of a Procedure Manual during tenure which included the general administrative of support for all the sectors of the department
1999 - 1999
Health Claims adjudication