· Closed the books for a multi-trade construction location grossing over $50M annually. Close included management of a general ledger and sub-modules to present monthly financial position to corporate.
· Composed and evaluated a monthly revenue recognition report, including evaluation of WIP, estimated costs to completion and overall margins on existing jobs.
· Made recommendations to management regarding billings, contract changes, and negative margin projects that required closer supervision.
· Supervised a staff of six employees in three departments (AP, AR & PR). Supervision included revision of time, discussion of roles and responsibilities, and general administration of duties.
· Prepared monthly budgets for the location including variable and fixed cost analysis, market trends, and general administrative cost control.
· Worked extensively with intercompany accounting, including reconciliation of intercompany accounts, intercompany transfers and sales, and location consolidations.
· Managed balance sheets based on previous weaknesses in order to better control inventory balances, liabilities, and unused assets.
· Managed income statements based on previous weaknesses in order to better control manageable expenses, margins, and trended information (noting one-time extraordinary items).
· Closed the books for a multi-trade construction location grossing over $50M annually. Close included management of a general ledger and sub-modules...
Read More »