Currently PT availability (5-10 hours per week).
Read More »
Mechanical engineer with M.A.Sc. Primary experience in design/drawing, research, and technical writing within the fields of sustainable development (solar thermal, passive solar, thermal mass, straw bale wall assemblies, cob wall assemblies, etc.).
Looking for design and/or technical writing work to further the field of sustainable and regenerative engineering systems, ideally incorporating permaculture principles.
Currently working through a Certificate in Professional Writing (Science...
Offering: technical writing and editing in engineering fields related to sustainable building and permaculture.
Past projects include:
- Editor for Verge Permaculture, PDC Intro Booklet.
- HVAC modelling and design projects (CAD and Sketchup Pro).
- Developer level creativity and "envelope pushing" when needed. Adept at software learning, background process understanding, and innovation.
- Solar thermal systems design (CAD), passive solar design (graphic concept), and thermal mass design (CAD).
- Lead researcher and technical writer with Alternative Resource Solutions initiative (www.asri.ca) compiling and writing about the use and limitations of straw bales as structural and non-structural wall elements in residential and small commercial buildings within the context of the requirements of Part 9 of the British Columbia Building Code (BCBC).'
- Lead researcher and technical writer with the Eco-Sense Cascadia Research Grant with specific contributions are in the area of solarthermal monitoring, and cob wall moisture physics data analysis.
- Heat load & loss analysis of cob and straw bale homes incorporating passive solar, thermal mass, and solar thermal systems.
- Solar thermal design and feasibility.
Past experience in: aerospace instrumentation and programs, robotics, AI and Fuzzy Logic, Fuel Cell Engine testing and development, implantable electronics testing, quality assurance and documentation, hands-on interest, networking, and more. Non abrasive...
Read More »
Pro heat Canada
Mechanical Engineering Consulting
2010 - Present
Consulting on solar thermal applications. Also work on geothermal, PV, etc.