An experience of 8+ years into technical product documentation, content development, search engine optimization, web analytics, pre-sales, business development, usability engineering.
M.B.A (Marketing & Systems) from Osmania University in 2004
B.Sc (Computers) from Andhra University in 2001
• Technical writer with strong background in documenting highly technical software products in Telecom, Networking, Security, Health care, and E-Learning domains.
• Experience in working with agile development methodology and writing Configuration Guides, Installation Guides, Quick Start Guides, CLI Reference Guides, Release Notes, User Manuals, technical training material and collateral.
• Experience with topic based authoring using DITA (XML authoring program) to create single-source documents. Worked with tools such as Adobe FrameMaker, MS Office, AuthorIT, Adobe Acrobat, Eclipse Help, MadCap Flare, Robohelp, Doxygen, Illustrator, Visio, and SnagIt.
• Received consistent recommendations for research and writing. Detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Perform documentation verification and documentation usability testing.
• Raise change requests for bugs/errors in the product documentation.
• Review product documentation for technical accuracy and completeness.
Experience with Freescale Semiconductor (From June 2010 – Till Date)
Project : VortiQa software for enterprise networking equipment
Worked on CLI admin guide documentation for various modules (firewall, traffic management, IIPS, Net App, and VPN etc).
Worked for API documentation on Firewall, IIPS and VPN modules.
Worked on admin guide for VortiQa (4.0 B3) software for enterprise network equipment (documenting networking protocol concepts and configuration procedures).
Worked on power architecture build tools reference manual (Qorivva micro controller units (MCUs)).
Worked on signature files for content and technical accuracy, aimed at providing solution against spyware, malware, adware etc.
Working with requirements docs, functional specifications, frame source & eclipse help plug-ins for VortiQa iTCM module and also working for product usability.
Experience with Pringle Software (Oct’07 – May’10)
Project : Meditrine, a comprehensive health care solution addressing the administrative, financial and more specifically the clinical needs of health care industry.
Worked on user guide documentation, release notes and on-line help for meditrine (2.0).
Experience with IBM India (July’06 – Oct’07)
Project : SameTime Connect (7.5.1), an enterprise communication product.
Worked on user guide documentation and on-line help for SameTime Connect.
Conducted high level task and workflow analysis, comparative product analysis and user research.
Prepared data collection and researched materials for contextual inquiry techniques, analyzed and delivered recommendations.
Experience with Valyd Software (Oct’05 – Mar’06)
Developed user manuals for SecureDB and KeepSecure product aimed at securing information in enterprise databases by selective encryption process.
Experience with ED Ventures E-Learning (Dec’04 – Sep’05)
My role includes online marketing, content development, user manual documentation and search engine optimization process. Developed user manual for idrivesafely, an e-learning product.
Experience with Suma Informatics (Apr’01 – Oct’02)
My role includes user guide documentation, training guides. Developed training guides and user manual for iTrain, an e-learning product.
LANGUAGES : COBOL, C
OPERATING SYSTEMS : MS-DOS, WINDOWS 95/98, 2000, XP
RDBMS : ORACLE 8i
PUBLISHING TOOLS : MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Robohelp,
FrameMaker, Winhelp, Visio, SnagIT, AuthorIT
Doxygen, Eclipse Help, API Documentation
PVR Trust Degree College (Andhra University)
B.Sc (Computer Science)
MBA (Marketing & Systems)