Seasoned designer, writer, and manager for games, mobile applications, software, and educational and training products. Eight years of games and software experience and a Master’s Degree in interactive entertainment. This unique combination of experience and education has provided catalysts for success for several startup ventures, colleges, eLearning organizations, mobile app and game developers, international businesses, and more.
Read More »
Nov 6, 2012|Technical Writing|Private|Completed
Oct 17, 2012|Web Content|Private|Completed
Sep 23, 2012|Article Writing|Private|Completed
View All »
Sep 18, 2012|Article Writing|Private|Completed
Portfolio overview of game, software, and instructional design projects. Relevant links...
For the greater part of a decade, I have facilitated success in a multitude of game, game-related, and software projects across a dozen countries in several industries. Adaptable to any situation, I have created games, mobile platforms, narratives, eLearning solutions and more for dozens located in countries spanning from the U.S., to Ireland, to South Korea. While accomplishing this, I have also gamified monetization and acquisition platforms for social and mobile games, developed training simulations, and designed K-12 educational games.
In terms of writing services, I am well versed in game journalism, having written for games industry websites such as Inside Network, Gamezebo, and Azubu. In fact, I have reviewed thousands of such games and crafted north of 2,500 editorials on the subject matter. Analytical writing is not my only forte either. I am also a passionate creative writer, having developed entire fantasy worlds and novels of original peoples, lands, religions, and cultures. Moreover, if necessary, I can also provide you with fantastic presentations and visual content. Such work has even landed funding for startups, independent films, and more.
In short, if you need to transform the mundane into something beautiful, I can offer you unique and creative designs, superlative management solutions, or simple high quality written content.
Read More »
Six Red Marbles
Instructional Design Lead
2013 - Present
• Extended project contracts through effective quality management.
• Designed associate, bachelor, and graduate level courses for the clients of Laureate Education, and the Universities of...
Game Designer, Product Manager, & Consultant
2011 - Present
• Provided critiques and editorials on social and mobile games for San Francisco-based website, Gamezebo.com, resulting in increased traffic.
• Drove website traffic with core game reviews and...
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Senior Learning Designer & Team Lead
2013 - 2013
• Managed large scale teams for the GO MATH educational software program for the states of California and Texas, to be used for Grades K-6, resulting in improved efficiency, met deadlines, and...
Game Designer & Product Manager
2011 - 2013
• Reimagined old products and designs to bring new technology to market.
• Designed and implemented a gamified “social trading network,” allowing social gamers to buy and sell virtual items in an...
International Academy of Design & Technology
Game Design Instructor & Student Advisor
2008 - 2012
• Developed new curriculums for game design and production courses increasing student learning.
• Improved students’ game portfolios by directing their production of Flash and Unreal powered...
Content Writer for Social & Mobile Games
2008 - 2011
• Provided insights for social, mobile, and web games, virtual goods and currencies, and social networks (on an international and domestic level) until Inside Network’s acquisition by...
Product Design & Production Intern
2008 - 2008
• Managed pre-production of an ethnic social network.
• Designed social network concepts and wireframes.
• Streamlined production with design documentation, budgets, and schedules.
Game & Instructional Design Intern
2007 - 2007
• Designed a graduate-level educational game for Yum! Brand Marketing.
• Developed instructional design concepts and art for Disney and Cisco training courseware.
• Composed design documentation,...
Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy
Master of Science, Interactive Entertainment
University of Central Florida
Bachelor of Arts, Internet and Interactive Systems
pedagogy and andragogy