Seasoned marketing communications professional, with advanced writing, editing and marketing skills. Strong background in natural health, beauty, parenting, green living, health care technology and travel fields.
Read More »
I have been a professional copywriter and marketing communications professional for more than a decade. In my most recent corporate position (at a Fortune 20 health care technology company), all of the staff and freelance copywriters were part of my team. I also spent a great deal of time writing brochures, case studies, testimonials, web copy, direct mail, positioning statements, trade show collateral and interactive live presentation scripts in my 4.5 years there.
Four years ago I left the corporate life to start my own freelance business so I can spend more time with my family. I have always been passionate about writing and greatly enjoy working with a wide variety of clients. I have had the opportunity to write for some amazing brands since then, and look forward to working with more!
I have extensive training and experience in proofreading, copyediting and copywriting. I am extremely detail oriented and have excellent grammar. I deliver professionally polished pieces and consistently meet all deadlines.
I can write for both print and online mediums for anything from brochures and ads to web copy and blog posts.
Read More »
Green Moms Media
2012 - Present
Connect green and natural companies with bloggers to raise brand awareness.
Green Culture Examiner for Los Angeles
2011 - Present
Write articles on green culture in Los Angeles, CA
2010 - Present
Write a variety of marketing materials, including brochures, case studies, advertisements, web copy and more.
2009 - Present
Happy Mothering delivers articles on green and natural living for families.
Marketing Communications Manager
2007 - 2008
- Design and maintain effective marketing communications strategies to support strategic business initiatives and sales efforts with a constant focus on customer needs
- Develop messaging that...
Public Relations Specialist
2005 - 2007
- Lead messaging workshops, and ensure consistency of messages in all customer facing communications
- Manage and serve as a mentor to staff copywriter
- Identify, cultivate and bring customer...
Marketing Communications Specialist
2004 - 2005
- Write compelling copy for marketing collateral including press releases, print ads, sales brochures, customer testimonials, direct mail pieces and e-mail templates
- Develop comprehensive...
2003 - 2004
- Generate new business opportunities through telemarketing, seeding letters, face-to-face cold calling and networking
- Present company services to prospective clients and close new business...
2002 - 2002
- Develop new business opportunities through telemarketing, seeding letters, face-to-face cold calling and networking
- Perform Customer Needs Analyses and present customized solutions to potential...
2000 - 2002
- Implement an ongoing national public relations program and advertising campaign
- Develop marketing collateral, including copywriting, graphic layout and print production: press releases, print...
2000 - 2000
- Produce print ads, press releases, menus, flyers, posters, invitations and other collateral
- Provide writing and graphic design support for The Ambassador Club at The Westgate
- Assist with...
Public Relations Assistant
1999 - 1999
- Write and edit news releases and newsletter stories
- Hire, train and supervise eight student employees
- Generate media lists, distribute press kits and manage press clip distribution system
Bachelor of Arts, Public Relations with an outside concentration in Business Administration
1996 - 1999