CloudsNest is the consultancy of Douglas Landau. Doug is a freelance programmer, security expert, VMware guru, and Silicon Valley veteran of 30 years who says he has been freelancing since the Apple ][ was released.
Read More »
Doug used to run a hobby website named www.topowest.com which rendered custome USGS topographical maps. An artifact of this site is the map you see on Doug's profile.
Plot of the tracklog from my Garmin GPS in the annual Around Angel Island Regatta.
This is a plot of my garmin Foretrex as I carried in my single scull during the...
vmclone.sh is a bash script which clones a given VMware VM on a given datastore.
copyvm.sh is a bash script which powers off a vm gracefully, clones it, powers it on...
CloudsNest offers the following services:
VMware install-and-config, administration, automation, programming, and security
Software development in Unix, Linux, and BSD environments
Development of cartographic software and web services
Development of QA Automation and QA management
Read More »
Linux/Java Performance Engineer
2013 - 2013
Debugging and maintaining existing - and implementing new - patient record systems, consisting of PRT (a java app) 1.15, Java 1.7_21, Apache Tomcat 7.0.40, and CentOS 6.4, in VMware vSphere 5.0 VMs
2012 - 2012
- Verified operation of software stack running on (Tyan MB/AMI BIOS) server platforms under development. Tracked and included latest revisions of the BIOS, BMC FW, CentOS, component firmware, and...
2009 - 2011
- Provided VMware install-and-config and training services to SMBs. Installed and configured vSphere and vCenter 3.5, 4.0, 4.1, and 5. Created and configured VMs and virtual networking;...
2006 - 2008
- Spearheaded the QA departments migration to STAF, an open source language-independant test framework from a proprietary framework. Wrote the tutorial, style guide, and translation tools;...
2004 - 2005
- Hired team of 6 QA Engineers; half experienced, half recent BAs from SJSU
- Shipped a patch release every three weeks of Enterprise HIDS and HIPS systems. - Managed and participated in the...
Counterpane Internet Security
2001 - 2004
- Created a vulnerability scanner using OpenBSD, NMap, Nessus, XDM, and HTML
- As C developer, maintained and improved the software components of the companys managed intrusion detection service....
Univerity of California at San Diego
1983 - Present
VMware Cloud Computing Security Automation vSphere ESXi
Linux Unix FreeBSD Solaris HP-UX AIX C C++ Java Perl Python
OpenBSD PF Firewall IDS OpenSSL OpenSSH Vulnerability Penetration
GPS GIS Map Cartography Track