My credo is that great PR, communications and a strong reputation are all based on integrity, transparency and evidence-based results.
Read More »
With over 18 years' experience in PR and 24 in communications roles, I am proven and established in delivering excellent results for clients. My expertise spans PR, strategic comms, writing and editorial services (copywriting, editing, mentoring, proof-reading, feedback/counsel on copy and articles for potential publication), training in media relations and presentation skills, marketing, advertising and...
Various references from senior editorial management at major publishers in the UK about...
Various references from senior management from a variety of companies, regarding my...
Testimonial from the head of this major UK university research project, about my skills...
Testimonial from the CEO and founder of Action, an independent PR agency network, about...
Testimonial on my project management, copy-editing and proof-reading skills
The company is a leading US provider of managed healthcare services to industry and...
Senior global PR and communications activities and responsibilities
- Public relations services (writing: press releases, articles, press packs, newsletters and corporate literature; strategy and counsel; crisis communications; goal setting; media training; presentation skills training; recruitment of communications staff)
- Full editorial services (editing and proof-reading; critiques of fiction and non-fiction content for potential publication; mentoring; copywriting and rewriting)
- Marketing services (marketing literature; guidance on appointing and managing agencies and suppliers; building a budget; goals setting)
- Website services (counsel on what to prioritise and focus on in terms of potential suppliers, content management, content [web copy] itself - which I can also write - and guidance on branding and consistency of messages)
Read More »
Clients in no. of sectors: finance, publishing, PR
Freelance/interim PR, communications, writing
2010 - Present
Established a PR and communications consultancy for work in the UK and Europe. Provide a range of services across the communications spectrum, from articles to press releases, events management,...
FxPro Financial Services
Acting Head of PR - eight-month interim contract
2009 - 2010
An eight-month contract at the Cyprus-based HQ of one of the leading global forex brokers. FxPro provides services across 120+ countries in 10+ languages, with representative offices in the UK,...
Action Global Communications
Interim head of business development & PR team
2009 - 2009
An eight-month senior PR consultancy at the Cyprus-based HQ of this independent PR agency network (40+ offices) that focuses on the Middle East, Central and Eastern Europe, parts of Asia and...
Liberata and a global asset manager (confidential)
Communications consultant for both companies
2007 - 2008
Consultancy for an asset manager (confidential; cannot be disclosed). In addition, provided consultancy for Liberata, a leading Business Processes Outsourcing (BPO) company.
• For the asset...
Corporate Communications Manager
2006 - 2007
• Headhunted for this newly created senior position. Made redundant through ‘organisational restructuring’.
• Initiated PR and IR processes for floating the company as a Plc.
• Created CEO,...
ABN AMRO Mellon (Bank of New York Mellon)
Head of PR & Media Relations
2005 - 2006
• Headhunted for this position with ABN AMRO Mellon, AMRO and Mellon Bank’s global joint venture for asset management and securities services (now part of Bank of New York Mellon).
• Planned and...
Clients in finance, education and government
PR & Communications Consultant
2001 - 2004
• The Alliance Trusts (April 04 – Nov 04) Marketing Communications Manager. Researched and presented a major branding review to CEO and Board. Created and managed a £230k advertising campaign....
ipulsys b.v., a former division of Vodafone Plc
Public Relations Manager
2000 - 2001
• “Instrumental to the success of our investor relations activities” (CFO); created and implemented a pan-European PR strategy; hired Brodeur Worldwide PR agency and managed a team of eight staff...
Various clients in publishing and other sectors
PR & Communications Consultant
1991 - 2000
• Won contracts and freelance work in a variety of sectors, including: Eurolink (May 99-May 00, global IT recruitment, Head of Communications); Random House (Apr 98-Apr 99, publishing, Executive...
Wolff Olins - a global branding/identity company
Assistant to the Group Managing Director
1990 - 1991
Provided PA/executive assistance to the Group Managing Director. Responsibilities included project and diary management, research, writing reports and letters.
Hodder & Stoughton Publishers (now Hachette Plc)
1988 - 1990
Liaised with authors, literary agents and other publishers (US, Europe and UK); wrote numerous reports/critiques for the editor of submissions of novels (books published elsewhere or otherwise as...
Reading University, UK
BA (Hons) American Studies (1.5 years' study)
1986 - 1988
skills training in media relations and presentation