“Ms. McKenzie as a skilled and creative editor. I highly recommend her work.”
Read More »
Your company lives or dies by the writing it produces. You need it to reflect the first-rate nature of your product or service, and the value you place on excellence. Your reputation and bottom line depend upon every single word being spot-on.
• In 2011, a UK-based study revealed that spelling and grammar mistakes on websites could be causing losses in the millions for internet businesses. Revenue doubled after corrections were made.
I’m the one on the team where the multi-tasking stops and there is singular focus on, and diligent study of, each word.
I am obsessed with making sure that whatever writing you put out there makes you look good and helps inspire the reader to keep reading and buy.
I really can’t sleep until I have found just the right word that is consistent with the tone of the piece; the correct spelling of, for example, Walmart (it has changed over the years); or how to rephrase something so it emphasizes a benefit to your customer.
I also ensure that:
• any number you give is accurate, especially telephone numbers
• you haven’t confused words like ‘two,’ ‘too’ and ‘to’
• the writing style is consistent with the image you want your company to convey
• I rewrite long, complex sentences that confuse rather than inform
• the writing progresses logically
• and other things spell check can’t do
I don’t just look for errors. I actively question everything; anything that looks even remotely suspicious gets a thorough investigation.
I proofread / copyedit
• website pages
• marketing materials
• short e-books
I have a solid method and effective techniques to ensure that I catch every error in any written document. I operate with complete certainty that there is always at least one error, and it is my mission to find it.
I am currently proofreading part of a book for Project Gutenberg called ____________.
Please see the samples in my portfolio and note the test...
Read More »
1999 - 2004
Sold career and educational software and Internet resources.
Responsible for sales and renewals.
Planned strategy, made telephone sales, attended conferences, prepared marketing materials,...