Native Spanish, 100% human Translator providing accurate and meaningful translations for 11 years. Certified Translator. Spanish writing and Editing|Proofreading services. As a professional linguist, your project is my main priority | I am a native Spanish speaker.
Read More »
?Translation & Interpretation
? Project Coordinator
? Language Manager|Validator
? Web Tester
? My Certificate in Translation and B.A. in Hispanic Language Literature are my foundation to help individuals and organizations translate miscellaneous and collateral materials...
Dec 29, 2014|Copywriting|$44|Completed
Sep 3, 2013|Translation|$38|Completed
Jun 12, 2013|Translation|$800|Completed
Mar 9, 2013|Translation|$5|Completed
I specialize in the following areas:
• Medical • Legal • Education • Literature • Marketing • Human Resources • Advertising.
Menu of services:
Translation Editing Proofreading Language QA Cultural consulting Voice-over Spanish coaching
Translation Basics - (For non-translators)
•What is the difference between Translation and Interpretation?
Translation•Written (documents•forms•manuals•general information•news•articles) = Translator
Interpretation•Spoken (business meetings•depositions•investigations•conferences)= Interpreter
What is the difference between a Bilingual individual and a Professional Translator/Interpreter?
• Bilingual: the ability to speak two languages (Merriam-Webster online). - A bilingual individual is someone who communicates in two languages, and by extension, a trilingual individual does so in three different languages, and so forth. Bilingualism does not guarantee fluency, or the ability to translate or interpret accurately.
• A translator, and an interpreter, is an individual who is bilingual/trilingual and fluent in those working languages, has a comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of language and linguistic nuances, terminology, style rules, a high degree of cultural awareness, received training in the art of translation or interpretation or both from an accredited institution, uses specific tools and translation memory, is up-to-date with the latest language and grammatical changes published by language authorities....
Read More »
Freelance Translator • Editor • Web Tester
2004 - Present
•Experienced, professional linguist offering translation, interpretation and localization services.
•Language reviewer with broad experience applying the LISA QA model to translation products....
2007 - 2012
• Medical interpreter/Cultural Mediator for the Hispanic population and medical providers in all specialties to include: oncology, surgery, obstetrics, podiatry, dentistry, family medicine, etc.
2005 - 2007
• Facilitates the communication gap between the limited English proficiency patient and the medical staff in the following specialties: oncology, cardiology, mammography, nuclear medicine, ER,...