I am a Design Engineer with fifteen years experience using Solidworks. I am also an experienced engineering technician doing assembly, fabrication, testing, etc of new products and product ideas. I have been involved with plastic parts, stampings, castings, extrusions, electronic connectors and cable assemblies, marine products and aviation related projects including aircraft design and construction. I have also done complex surface models used in re-creating classic race cars.
Federal Aviation Agency
Private Pilot, Single Engine, Land
1982 - 2012
* State of the art, custom designed high speed data transmission cables and connectors.
* High performance marine exhaust systems and related products including complete drive systems.
* Modeled injection molded, machined, die cast, and stamped parts along with weldments, extrusions, custom fasteners and fiberglass parts for marine, aircraft and electronic products.
* Designed numerous production fixtures for electronic cable and connector manufacturing.
* Produced test fixtures for marine drive system component testing.
* Developed aircraft and marine propellers, custom injection molding machine, marine drive systems.
* Tested custom aircraft and propellers, marine drive systems, fixed pitch and shifting propellers, exhaust systems and related components.
* Patents for unique marine drive systems (5,178,566 & 6,206,739).
* Involved in creating products for the recreational vehicle industry, electronic cables and custom aircraft.
* Participated in the assembly and testing of an propane-fueled RV heating system.
* Built prototype parts and fixtures.
* Assisted in the development of production techniques for data transmission cables.
* Completed and tested a custom aircraft.