I have a BA Hons. in English and General Linguistics and an MA in Comparative Literature and Cultural Semiotics. I am experienced in writing and editing academic texts, articles, blogs, and I also write and proof read fiction. I love words and the magic they create.
Read More »
I work as an ESL/ESP teacher, focussing on both General and Business English, and provide both in-house and online training via Skype/WizIQ.
I specialize in TEACHING ENGLISH for Conversation, Business English and Commercial Correspondence, and English for Cross-Cultural Communication, including writing letters, reports, emails, and presentations. My courses follow a thorough analysis of my learners' needs and abilities in order to provide efficient and relevant service. It is my belief that learning a language must be as fun as it is educating, so I incorporate music, games, role-play, and case study to help create a relaxed atmosphere and positive group dynamic.
I provide thorough PROOFREADING and/or EDITING both in Estonian and English in the field of ACADEMIC WRITING, with special emphasis on Comparative Literature, Philosophy and Cultural Studies, with the main interest in Post-Colonialism and Eco-Criticism. Having a keen eye for punctuation, grammar and spelling, I guarantee that the job gets done quickly and efficiently.
I have been an avid reader since I can remember and naturally, that drove me to writing my own fiction. I have written BLOGS and ARTICLES on Travel and Tourism, film and book REVIEWS, and I am currently working for Estonian magazines mainly in the Travel section. I would also like to write on topics such as Social Inclusion, Motivation, Religion and Spirituality.
I TRANSLATE from English to Estonian and vice versa, and have some experience in translating from Italian to English.
Read More »
West Cork Development Partnership
Youth Leader/Project Manager
2014 - Present
• Implementing and updating policies and procedures at the Attic Youth Cafe;
• Assessing the needs of young people and managing and administering youth and community projects;
• Mentoring, coaching...
TEA Language School
Teacher of English todults
2011 - 2013
• Designing, developing and delivering in-house English language, cultural awareness, and business communication courses;
• Teaching specialised English courses catering to the needs of business...
Curriculum Language School
Teacher of English and Italian to Adults
2011 - 2013
• Researching and devising interesting, creative, and productive lessons;
• Marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work;
• Administration, keeping registers and attendance...