I've been producing commercial websites and related marketing programs since 1997, starting with the first official tourism site for the city of Cancun, Mexico, the world's leading beach resort destination. The company I founded back then is still thriving as one of the region's leading internet marketing companies.
Motivated and competent, with a diverse skill set that combines strong creative and communicative (written and verbal) abilities with technical know-how. Works well under pressure, and maintains calm, focused and professional demeanor.
I also have a website under my name.
- smart strategies for the web
- speedy set up for your successful site and social networks
- full online marketing campaigns - high response landing pages and ads, email
- reasonably priced professional video production, editing, YouTube management
- fast world-class written content for direct response and information
- creative ecommerce solutions
- your own branded web and mobile-based community
- radiant writing
- high visibility and sales conversions
- a pool of talented, experienced designers and developers for collaboration on an as needed basis
My work? Gets results.
NOTE ABOUT MY PORTFOLIO:
The portfolio below displays a selection of specific clients for whom I was either the primary initial contractor or directly collaborated on as a developer, writer, consultant or project manager. Since my work covers a number of years, please contact me for more details about a particular past project of interest or for references.
Old Dominion University
MBA - focus on Marketing & IT
Independent Media Consultant
2007 - Present
Online product sales | Established online environmental products business whose website is now largest direct seller of 25-year old product | As a subcontractor, I have worked on collaborative marketing projects with regional and national clients directly. Clients have included | Fortune 500 companies (Clorox, General Foods) | Nationally distributed sportswear product (Olympics 2008 sponsor) | Nationally-recognized author | Hollywood production company | A variety of product and services companies
Founder and Managing Partner
1998 - 2007
Ciniva is a well-established web service company based in Virginia Beach. It operates profitably, servicing clients on mostly on a regional level. I started the company in 1998, and later took on a partner whom I ultimately sold the business to. During my management of the company, I personally secured and produced projects that included:
- The first websites for the government tourist boards of Cancun and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Commonwealth of Virginia – 400th Anniversary of Jamestown (featuring videos of visits from the US President and Queen of England
- State Historical sites (Jamestown-Yorktown Museums & eCommerce)
- Tourist boards of Loudoun and Stafford (VA) and Currituck (NC) counties and the city of Norfolk
- Ecommerce sites for a variety of industries
- Marketing sites promoting everything from Greek Islands to independent films, even mega-churches
- Broad experience in assembling production teams to deliver on budget and time deadlines
Director, Business Development
1994 - 1997
During this period Landmark Communications owned both The Weather Channel and Travel Channel cable-TV networks. I was recruited to a business unit that provided content for The Travel Channel and operated a call-center related to that content. My job involved securing and working with sponsors to fund production of on-location television production highlighting vacation travel destinations.