Read More »
- Astute, multi-awarded, and highly conscientious professional offering profound knowledge and experience in public affairs and communications, combined with outstanding academic credentials and successful background in military public affairs; leading external media relations as well as local community tours and large events at regional, state, and national levels.
- Reputed and award-winning military journalist and photographer with nationally published pieces. Recognized for diligence, strong attention to details, and...
For the past four years, I have devoted myself to every moving part of public affairs for the world’s largest U.S. Marine Corps installation.
Combining my passion for people and experience in every situation, I have become adept in the intricacies of managing relationships across business, government, nonprofits, and media. With my background as both an experienced public affairs professional and nationally published author, I have acquired both the technical and management expertise necessary in developing strategic communications plans. My social awareness and cross-cultural orientation helps me excel in representing the organization between regulators, community representatives, and media personnel.
While working for the Department of Defense, I also acquired the skills in addressing diverse organizational needs, as well as in integrating plans with the most comprehensive solutions and regulatory techniques balanced with organizational values and programmatic goals.
- Authored hundreds of news, sports, entertainment, and base emergency-related articles that have been published in several national tabloids, including USA Today.
- Earned the Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation Medal for emergency management and response efforts while wildfires devastated Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton and several surrounding communities.
- Took prized photographs featured in Marines Magazine 2008 Photos of the Year issue.
Read More »
U.S. Department of Defense / Marine Corps
Public Affairs Specialist and Correspondent
2006 - 2011
Oversaw activities associated with public affairs for the Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, the world’s largest and most populated U.S. Marine Corps installation. | Coordinated and ensured timely...
U.S. Department of Defense / U.S. Army
Information Systems Analyst and Operator
2004 - 2006
Managed the installation, control, and maintenance of basic communication and information systems. | Analyzed system performance and initiated improvement in system applications and programs. |...