I’m a 34 year-old from Lisbon with a passion for film making and storytelling.
I went to ESTC, a Film and Theater college in Lisbon, but before graduating I moved on to Restart, a specialized Institute where I studied Directing for Film and Television.
During that time I worked on and directed several school projects, including commercials, music videos, concerts and talk-shows. For my graduation project I directed a documentary, A MÁQUINA (The Machine), about all the necessary preparations on a football stadium before a big game; and a fiction short film, MÉTODO (Method) which was adapted from a short story I had written a few years before.
A MÁQUINA has been to several festivals all over the world:
- 5th Documentary Cinema Festival of Cape Verde
- Doc Lisboa 2011, Short-Film Competition
- Panorama 2011
- Shortcutz Lisboa
- Marché du Film Court de Clermont-Ferrand 2011 with the Portuguese Short Film Agency
- U’Frame, International Academic Video Festival 2010, Documentary Competition
- CINESC, 1st National Film School Short Film Festival
- Curtas Vila do Conde 2010, Take One! Competition
- Indie Lisboa 2010, IndieLounge Restart
After graduating from Restart I participated, with a fellow graduate, on the FÁ-LAS CURTAS contest, where teams of two filmmakers each compete in elimination rounds by making a series of short films in a limited time, which are judged by a jury of renown Portuguese filmmakers and critics. The competition aired weekly on RTP2 and my team made...
Read More »