DariaDiJulio, CPA, MBT, USC Graduate, is an accomplished, results focused professional with comprehensive knowledge of all facets of tax and accounting related to real estate, banking, manufacturing and technology companies. Her expertise includes federal, international and state income taxes as well as sales, use and property taxes. Her past experience with three of the “big four” CPA firms.
Education & Certifications
•California State Board of Accountancy: CPA
•University of Southern California: BS - Accounting
•University of Southern California: Master of Business Taxation
Daria was a Revenue Agent with the Large Case section of the IRS and has more than 10 years of high level tax experience with both large public firms and tax departments of large publicly traded companies. Along the way she has shared the tax strategies of the largest public entities with small and midsized clients.
“We're a small firm, always growing with our clients needs. We look forward to connecting with you and your team and helping you define your goals, develop solutions - and realize them! So what are you waiting for, let's connect"
• ALL TAX FILINGS
• RESEARCH MEMOS
• E-FILED RETURNS
• QUARTERLY OR ANNUAL REVIEWS
• THE LATEST, ACCURATE TAX SOFTWARE
• EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS FOR TAX AUDITS
• EXPERIENCED PRIOR IRS REVENUE AGENT
•COMPILATIONS AND REVIEWS OF FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
•GAAP TAX RECONCILIATIONS AND AUDITS OF SMALL AND MIDSIZED BUSINESSES
California Department of Consumer Affairs
Certified Public Accountant
University of Southern California
University of Southern California
Master of Business Taxation
1996 - 1998
Daria DiJulio,CPA, MBT
1991 - Present
Daria DiJulio is an accomplished, results focused professional with comprehensive in all facets of tax and accounting related to real estate, banking, manufacturing and technology companies. Her expertise includes both federal and state income taxes as well as sales, use and property taxes. Her past experience with three of the “big four” CPA firms enables her to work with highly skilled teams and add the value of her extensive training and exposure to large and complex clients.
• Daria was a Revenue Agent / Large Case for the IRS and has more than 10 years of “high level” tax experience with both large public firms and tax departments of large publicly traded companies.
• At Toyota, Daria isolated taxable income incorporated in the PeopleSoft accounting system established federal filing and state tax filings in 47 states for sales and use tax for a new entity created in a spin-off. She designed and implemented a reporting protocol for the new entity and registered for tax reporting (both sales and income) in 47 states as the new entity. She worked closely with the existing Toyota tax group and the representative from Vertex software to establish reporting of sales and use tax and filed the initial returns; while working with the audit team from PWC to establish valuations and final financial statement for the spin off. She researched and responded to all tax authorities for the organization, prepared all income projections and tax estimates and reviewed all returns.
• Daria’s consulting tax work included review of all filings for Impac Mortgage, resolution of tax controversies and tax apportionment schedules and calculation of REIT income distributable to shareholders including all REIT test. She oversaw and reviewed final REIT and non-REIT subsidiary returns prepared by the outside firm and working for Southern California Edison to revise and create documentation of ASC 740 (then FAS 109) workpapers to correct audit recommendations.
• She worked with complex tax issues and calculated apportionment and deferred tax for many large companies and real estate entities. As well, she oversaw the M & A work at CSC and Toyota and assisted in the correction of SEC filings following a material weakness at two other engagements.
• At Ernst & Young, Daria assisted with the Bank of America and Nations Bank Merger. At KPMG she worked with Mutual Funds of Citibank, ING and Funds based in Ireland and Netherlands with extensive worldwide investments. At BDO, Daria took over a Deutche Bank Investment REIT with property in the US and worldwide.
At the start of her career, Daria DiJulio trained with Price Waterhouse and the prestigious NYC real estate boutique firm Freidman Alpren & Green serving in tax compliance and audits of large real estate REITS and partnerships. After completing her MBT she joined Ernst & Young, as a manager in the tax consulting practice working with large corporate tax issues. Starting in 2001, she began working as a consultant. Initially, she was engaged to assist with Toyota, USA with a spin-off. She continues to work as a consultant with a wide variety of businesses. She recently worked in NYC taking advantage of her tax skills and experience with real estate and investment funds as a manger at KPMG’s Financial Services Group. At BDO Seidman, Daria was a Senior Tax Manager in the Pass-Through Entity Group and worked with complex flow through entity tax issues; overseeing the preparation and review of multi-tiered, multi-state REITS and Funds. She also researched and advised clients and partner firms on complex real estate deals and federal and state tax issues and published tax opinion papers with the Pass Through Entity Group.