I am a Linux Systems Engineer looking for part time work that can be done from home.
Middle aged professional looking to supplement income with online data entry or data processing positions. Currently living in Santa Clarita, CA.
Data Entry - 60 wpm
10-key by touch
Sr. Linux Systems Engineer
2005 - Present
- Installed, designed, and architected a High Availability and Load Balancing Cluster with 2 VMWare ESX 3.5 servers with a shared iSCSI SAN.
- Configured Cisco ASA 5510 for Remote Access VPN over IPSec.
- Upgraded and maintained Nagios and Cacti monitoring server providing service checks for 50+ devices and 400+ services.
- Installed, secured and configured Sendmail, SpamAssassin, Greylisting and Blacklisting secondary mail server.
- Designed, secured and configured BIND external DNS master and slave servers.
- Architected and maintained several Apache/MySQL/PHP servers configured with Virtual Named Hosts.
- Implemented Linux servers to join to an AD domain and configured Winbind to use AD authentication in resolving as close to single sign-on as possible.
- Migrated 1400+ mailboxes from Exchange 2003 to centralized mail system at UCLA.
- Ensured the smooth operation of production servers by performing monthly and sometimes bi-monthly scheduled maintenances. Applied patches, security updates, and kernel updates to Linux and OS X Servers.
- Responsible for all duties related to Windows and Linux system administration DFS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, user account management, backup & recovery, auto-mounting network shares, license management and printer configuration.
- Served as a backup Windows and Network administrator to the Sr. Windows Administrator and Sr. Network Administrator for the Humanities division.
- Expanded disk space for several Linux systems by attaching an iSCSI storage drive and utilizing LVM technologies.
- Researched, tested and developed several application systems, including Xen 3.0, VMWare ESX 3.5, and Subversion.
- Created clear and concise documentation with the ability to train other staff members.
- Participated in 24x7 on call rotation.