I'm a responsible, flexible designer
who works in many capacities from
simple to complex.
I've been in the field for over 25
years and have diverse experience
from production artist to art director.
My schooling is in commercial art &
illustration but most of my experience
and background have been formed
by years in the "get it done" retail
Some of my capabilities are:
- Photo retouching and silhouetting
- Vector or PhotoShop illustrations
- Email blasts & newsletters
- Brochures, logo design
- Catalog design
- Social media backgrounds
- Styling product photos
- Photographing simple web pics
Paier School of Art, Hamden, CT, USA
Commercial Art and Illustration
Freelance Graphic Designer / Illustrator
2004 - Present
Bob's Stores, Inc.
Art Director / Graphic Designer
2002 - 2004
- Provided creative direction through an understanding of the target customer, consumer patterns, usage patterns, and popular and economic trends to maintain the design integrity of the Bob’s Stores brand, assuring quality, consistency and timely completion of all design projects.
- Led a team of graphic designers to design and produce weekly retail flyers, catalogs, direct mail pieces, newspaper advertisements and promotional materials for over 100 stores in the northeastern US.
- Concepted and designed all seasonal, event and grand openings for entire portfolio of stores.
- Attended merchandise turn-ins and recorded buyers styling requests for photo shoots.
- Provided art direction on all photo shoots, scouted locations and established and maintained collaborative relationships with photographers, producers and stylists.
Freelance Graphic Artist
2000 - 2002
Ames Corporate - Retail Department Store
Senior Graphic Designer / Supervisor
1996 - 2000
- Provided creative direction for the development of company’s branding concepts and designs.
- Produced in-store and event materials for over 400 hundred retail stores including point of purchase collaterals, promotional items and signage. Designed sale catalogs, special event and grand opening materials and corporation solicitation pieces.
- Directed on-figure location photo shoots and product laydown photography.
- Team member awarded the yearly Ames Corporate Chairman’s Award for high work ethics.
- Awarded Advertising Department’s “A-Team” Member of the Month award for high work ethics.
- Chosen by department heads to be a part of a “Creative Workshop Team” to assist Ames in making creative strides.
Freelance Graphic Artist
1993 - 1996
Laser Copy and Design Company
Service Technician / Graphic Designer
1991 - 1993
Comp-level full color service bureau.
Bargain Book Publications
1989 - 1991
Direct mail publisher
Customer Service Representative
1988 - 1989
Four color film separation house.