Read More »
• Designed, researched and scripted online continuing education courses for LEED APs.
• Writen blog posts, articles, and website content for building industry and renewable energy firms.
• Provided building design assistance and drawings for local authority submittals.
I'm an engineer by profession, but I also have a degree in architecture. I have experience in building design, structural design, building assessment, energy efficiency, renewable energy and building sector public policy.
Sep 29, 2013|Article Writing|$219|Completed
May 25, 2013|Article Writing|$320|Completed
I can provide the following:
• Course design, including course descriptions, learning objectives, course outlines, scripts and illustrated presentations.
• Monthly packages with blog posts, articles, local landing pages, and other types of website content for construction industry, renewable energy and property sites.
• Original technical illustrations
• Page layout and technical writing
• Research in codes, standards, and regulations
• Building design, permit/warrant, and site plan approval drawings
I'm a native English speaker and a competent writer with the ability to effectively proofread my own work. Since I'm a construction industry professional and have a good understanding of building systems, I especially enjoy working with design professionals, material and equipment manufacturers, tradespeople and real estate/property professionals.
I always appreciate a job that relates to my profession in some way, but unfortunately I can't do design work that requires local credentials or insurance. I'm not currently living where I'm licensed, and I'm not running a registered or insured engineering or architecture firm. However, if you're willing to submit the design for approval and take responsibility for it yourself, I can help. Be aware that your local authority may ask for a locally licensed engineer's or architect's stamp, and I can't provide that.
Read More »
A Canadian Provincial Government
Policy and Technical Advisor
2008 - 2010
Advised on building sector energy conservation and renewable energy, and on design and construction codes and standards.
A Building Inspection Firm
2004 - 2006
Inspected and reported on commercial building systems, including roof, cladding, structural, HVAC, electrical and plumbing. Co-wrote and illustrated a commercial building inspection manual.
A U.S. Structural Engineering Consulting Firm
Structural Designer, CAD Manager
1995 - 2003
Started out as a temporary drafter and advanced to CAD Manager. Attended engineering school at night, graduated, and was then promoted to Structural Designer (engineer-in-training).