Talented Arabic language expert, with over 16 years (1998 - present) of experience in translation and other linguistic services, of which I spent 7 years in managing the "Linguistics & Translation Department" at the Parliament of Egypt.
Holding Canadian and Egyptian nationalities, I only translate between my 2 native languages and cultures, Arabic and English, and in the areas of my studies and practical experience.
Specialties: Translation, Localization, Editing, Proofreading, Writing, Post Production services, SEO, SMM, Training Solutions Design,eLearning, mLearning.
Updated resume available at:
Please review also :
1- Proz Profile: http://www.proz.com/profile/1574932
2- Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJSbgCIVvebe2Ii_C-1XNQ
1- Medical & Pharmaceuticals:
Experienced medical translator based on my pharmacy degree and active membership in the Alberta College of Pharmacists.
Achievements: Translation of over 21 health books, 345 medical articles and researches, 69 medical and pharmaceutical website, and the list is still growing.
(Pharmacy degree is verified by Elance)
Holder of a Professional Diploma in Legal Translation (PDLT) from the American University in Cairo (2003- 2005). Achievements include translation of hundreds of:
- Contracts, agreements, deals and tenders
- Patents, copyrights and trademarks
- Criminal: statements, legal correspondence, transcripts of police interviews and interrogations
- Court: rulings, appeals, news coverage etc.
3- Governmental and NGO:
Former director of Linguistics and Translation Department at the Egyptian Parliament (2005 -2011). Achievements include the translation of:
- The official website of the Egyptian People's Assembly (http://www.parliament.gov.eg/)
- 41 ministerial decrees and 23 prime mistrial cabinet decrees.
- 102 laws and amendments including Egyptian Child Law, Egyptian Human Trafficking Law .. etc
- Almost all Governmental CFP (Call For Proposals) for that period
4- Green Energy:
Achievements: translating the entire Jatropha Plantation Project in Egypt (marketing materials, journal articles, technical documentations and academic publications for the Egyptian government.)
5- Military and Defense:
Achievements: translating for a high profile military manufacturing corporate through their affiliates in the Middle East. Authorized samples are available upon request.
Achievements: translating the entire Motorbike Service and Repair Training Course for Harley-Davidson into Arabic for their UAE branch. Created my own TermBase and glossaries for such expertise. (References available)
7- Financial and business:
A co-founder and the Sole Arabic translator for the Canadian Arab Chamber for Industry and Commerce (CACIC) since 2006.
Achievements: translation (on monthly basis) of hundreds of audits, market reviews, ratings (Standard and Poors, Fitch, Moody's), banking reports, loan agreements, EBRD documentation, WB/IMF reports.
(Verified by Elance)
8- Subtitling and other Post-production:
- www.onehandthemovie.com , I transcribed, translated , subtitled and carried on other postproduction services for this documentary. You could find my name (Doaa Alnajjar) on the credit area at the Homepage.
- Please review my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJSbgCIVvebe2Ii_C-1XNQ for other voice-over, subtitling, transcription, or dubbing projects' samples. References are available upon request.
Achievements: translating and localizing the social and strategy games of www.plarium.com . Contract included translation of scripts, ingame menus and manuals and, most importantly, cultural convince advice for suitability for the Arab market.
(Verified by Elance)
10- IT and technology:
Translation, localization, or localization testing. References available upon request.
- Expertise: as discussed above and more (Please contact).
- Doc format: books, audios & videos, brochures, courses, websites etc.
- Tools: SDL studio 2011, CS6 ME edition, Microsoft Office Pro & more.
Websites, software and game localization into 20 different Arabic dialects and Neutral Standard Arabic.
3- Editing, proofreading and revising:
And also extensive re-writing and culture adaptability checking.
Terminology and glossary development, En- Ar and Ar-En. Independent service or accompanying other services for an extra rate.
5- Disktop Publishing (DTP):
Reversing layout into RTL, pagination, typesetting translation in art files etc.
Tools: PowerPoint, Adobe CS6 ME (Middle East), PageMaker, Captivate & Articulate.
6- Writing in English and Arabic:
Ghost writing, spinning, SEO, Press Release, blogs, articles, Copy-writing & web content in the areas of my expertise only.
- Accurate transcriptions (99% fault-free)
- Fast turnaround times (4-5 hours/day, 24/7)
- Confidentiality and privacy ensured
- Quality assurance
- All number of speakers (single,one-to-one, groups)
- All fields: Academic, Legal, Corporate, Interviews, Documentary, Broadcast, B-Roll Meetings, Seminars, Conference Calls, Dialogue List etc. (except Medical)
- All formats: all Audio and Video digital formats, dictation, emails, notes .....etc
- All voices quality, even with noise over 10%
- State-of-the-art digital technology
8- Post Production Solutions:
- Dubbing, Lip Sync, Voice over, Subtitling, Caption (Closed, Superimposing & Chyrons), Encoding, As-Broadcast Scripts, Dialogue Lists & more.
- My own high quality home studio (For Specs, please contact).
- Accurate and high quality services to businesses, institutions and individuals.
- All Audio and Video digital formats.
9- Arab & Muslim Culture Sensitivity Trainer:
• Provide training for:
- Arab & Muslim cultural sensitivity
- Cross cultural awareness
- Cross-cultural business skills development
- Improving collaboration between teams in a cross-cultural environment
- Preparing expatriate for relocation or to enter a new workplace with cultural diversity
• Provide vital, comprehensive information on 22 Arab countries
• Evaluate the effectiveness of training, counseling and education endeavors
10- One-to-One Arabic or English Training:
- Arabic language training using my authentic and state-of-the-art courses.
- IELTS and TOEFL preparation courses.
I have strong expertise in developing engaging and interactive courses using different elearning tools like Articulate (Studio & Storyline), Captivate, Lectora, Flash etc. I am also good at graphic design and audio/video editing. I can publish to SCORM or deploy to LMS.
References are available upon request from the universities and institutes worked with in the ME and Canada.
12- Education/Training Development Consultant:
I worked as an Education/Training Development Consultant for 7 years with the Egyptian Parliament, during which I have achieved the following:
- Designed tens of courses in different fields. Training Solutions Designs included: outline, content, benefits, floor plan, cost analysis, marketing, tutors, reporting, assessment, training kits construction, and surveys and questionnaires design.
- Director of the ITC (Industry Training Center) "Training for Recruitment Program" (2005-2011)
- S&P-EGX/ESG Index team manager: The index is the Egyptian index for CSR and the second worldwide. I was responsible for the training and employment module of the index initial mapping.
- Director of the ICDL project for governmental sector, funded by UNESCO (2005 - 2011)
- Manager of the Maritime Studies Program for Egyptian youth, funded by the Ministry of Transport and Future Generation Foundation. The program was to qualify 1 million Egyptians in 3 years for working in maritime and logistics
American Translators Association (ATA)
Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University
Arab Academy for Science, Technology, and Maritime
Master of Business Admistration
2004 - 2006
American University in Cairo (AUC), Egypt
Professional Diploma in Legal Translation (PDLT)
2003 - 2004
Plarium Social Games
English to Arabic Translation
2012 - Present
English to Standard Neutral Arabic Translation and localization of a strategy game ,"Total Domination", which is one of the most popular games on Facebook with more than 17 million players worldwide. Over 65,000 words has be translated and localized in 2 months, with 100% client satisfaction for the results. Plarium Social Games is one of the leading global developers of social games with more than 70 million players enjoying their games.
Canadian Arab Chamber of Industry and Commerce
Co-Founder and director
2007 - Present
1- Supervise all the chamber's processes in different committees and fields: trade, industry, finance, business, training, education, mutual agreement, immigration and tourism.
2- Translation, grant and proposal writing, business and NGOs incorporation, fundraising, management consultation, policies development and training design.
3- Creating, searching and facilitating business opportunities between the two regions.
Arabic Language Expert
1998 - Present
Freelance Translator, Localizer, Editor, Voice Talent, Lexicographer & Culture Trainer
Parliament of Egypt
Director of Linguistics and Translation Department
2005 - 2011
1- Introducing Computer Assisted Translation using translation memories and CAT tools.
2- Translation of the official website of the Egyptian People's Assembly (http://www.parliament.gov.eg/) which is under re-construction since the revolution.
3- Translation of 41 ministerial decrees and 23 prime mistrial cabinet decrees.
4- Translation of 102 laws and amendments including Egyptian Child Law & its amendments, and Egyptian Human Trafficking Law number 64 for the year 2010.
5- Translation and writing of Governmental CFP (Call For Proposals).
6- As needed, translation of materials from other departments such as; engineering, research, IT, finance, and statistics and translation of ICD (Internal Communication Documents).
7- Supervising translation teams in a number of ministries.
Parliament of Egypt
Education and training development consultant
2003 - 2011
1- Director of the ITC (Industry Training Center) "Training for Recruitment Program" (2005 – 2011)
2- S&P - EGX/ESG Index team manager: The index is the Egyptian index for CSR and the second worldwide. I was responsible for the training and employment module of the index initial mapping.
3- Director of the ICDL project for governmental sector, funded by UNESCO (2005 – 2011)
4- Project Manager for 4 projects with PVTD ( Productivity & Vocational Training Department):
- Australian Qualification for Vocational and Tradespersons Training
- Online Vocational Education and Training program
- Vocational Training for ITC candidates
- TNA of the PVDT
5- Manager of the Specialized Grant for Newly Graduate engineers training project, funded by the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology.
6- Manager of the Maritime Studies Program for Egyptian youth, funded by the Ministry of Transport and Future Generation Foundation. The program was to qualify 1 million Egyptians in 3 years for working in maritime and logistics
Arabic - English Integrated Solutions
Arabic Department Remote Manager
1998 - 2003
1- Arabic & English Writing and Editing:
• Press Release, Blogs, Articles, Copywriting, SEO and Web Content, in almost all fields.
• Ghost writing and spinning.
• Arabic reviews and blogging.
• Editing and proofreading for all types of documents: web content, manuscripts, thesis, essays, CVs and cover letters, PPT presentations, articles, brochures ....etc
2- One-to-One Arabic & English Training:
• Skype Lessons for Arabic languages using my authentic and state-of-the-art courses.
• Preparation for IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC & Cambridge Certificates (FCE, CAE, CPE), GCSEs, A-Levels and University Exams.
3- Translation and localization.
Through Elance only, Fixed Price jobs are preferred.
***The Following is only a peek of my clients' feedbacks***
Transcription of Interviews in English audio to Arabic text
¿Doaa was wonderful to work with! Intuitive, timely, and excellent, I highly recommend her services! Her work on translating and transcribing our documentary film has been incredibly valuable!¿
Translation of 3 physics lectures
¿She is extremely dedicated to her work, and challenges herself continuously. She completed the task in almost half a time, taking the challenge to meet my continuously detailed rigorous rules of translation. It was a marathon!¿
Forex website content translation
¿Very professional, prompt and polite. The work is amazing and she even corrected my original document too! very highly recommended, you cannot go wrong!¿
Arabic children cartoon show synopsis
¿Doaa went above and beyond what the job description entailed. I was blown away at the level of dedication she displayed towards the job. I do not come across individuals of this calibre of professionalism and dedication to their craft very often. Very satisfied with the overall result and will definitely without question reward her with any further jobs needed. Thanks for the wonderful work! ”
HR Terms & presentation translation
“Doaa is a very keen, professional, well-mannered and respectful. She has been extremely open-minded and cooperative, very understandable and patient even during my busiest times. It has been a pleasure knowing and doing business with her and would diffenately recommend her for jobs if professionality is a priority. More importantly, she respects deadlines.”
Translation of WHO Codes into Arabic
“doaaalnajjar went beyond and above my wild dreams, she definitely over delivered...I'M A COSTUMER FOR LIFE..!”
Translating a 12-page police record in 5 hours
“Great work. Well above of what was expected. No doubt will be using again.”
Translation PHP Codes
“Doaa have done far more than asked! I really recommend her, she is nice and excellent!”
2 kids/teen books translation
“Very professional. I do not speak the languages but I have great confidence in his work. Thank you.”
“I was blown away by her gifted writing”
Legal & Financial translation of 8-pages contract in 3 hours.
“Another excelent translation done in record time."
Translation of an iPhone application
"Great Work! Extremely fast and responsive to any questions I had. Fully recommended.”
Arabic Translation in the construction field
“very professional, very quick. good communication, will defiantly use again.”
Translating English video to Arabic
“Great service, very fast, and great quality translation.”
Arabic to English professional translation
“The way Doaa handles projects is very professional, responsive and in time; more importantly the manner in which she comprehends the nature and scope of the job requirements reflects on her high level of adaptability. Her expertise is undoubtedly precise and therefore I will be happily using her services and highly recommend her to those who are seeking perfect jobs done even in short spans for meeting deadlines, because Doaa excels in this… big times! ”
Survey study translation
“Doaa is both accommodating and thorough. We will definitely use her again for future translations. She is a great communicator!”
Write quick Arabic grammar tips
“Excellent writer. Fast, thorough, comprehensive. Went above and beyond and over-delivered. Highly recommended!”
English to Arabic Game Translation
“Working with Doaa is a great experience. The level of professional and personal commitment to the project exceeded expectations. Great job!”
Wikipedia article translation and submission
“The whole process worked very smoothly. I would definitely work again with doaaalnajjar on similar projects in the future. Thanks Doaa, thanks Elance!”
Plarium Social Games, Team Manger
I have translated and localized a social game of 65,000 words.
With my team of 4 co-translators, reviewers and localizers, we have managed to complete the job in 1 month, and 3 weeks before the deadline.
Natalie and her team have offered all the possible support to complete the project in the highest quality and the shortest time.
Weixler Media, CEO
Johnny and I have worked together in his documentary film "One Hand". I have been responsible for transcription, translation and subtitling of the film. We are still working on it.