A academic writer, fiction writer and Ph.D. in French literature, I am fully bilingual in English (American) and French, having worked as teacher, proofreader and grammar consultant in French at the university level for nearly 10 years; I can also read and translate texts in Italian, Spanish and German. I have additional experience generating and managing bilingual content in a corporate environment (a company providing streaming video game solutions to French users). The written word is my greatest passion, and no matter what the project,...
Read More »
- editing and proofreading of academic texts, fiction and creative non-fiction
- clever and compelling copywriting, content writing, blogging
- writing articles on/reviews of literature, film, other media
- French-English translation and editing (academic, literary, online)
- translation of Spanish, Italian and German materials into English
- development of language instruction materials (worksheets, presentations, etc.)
- work with PC, Mac and Linux productivity platforms
Read More »
Hi-Rez Studios, Inc.
Translator/Foreign Language QA
2012 - Present
At Hi-Rez Studios, I provide French localization in varying modes and voices for the company's different products, from website copy and FAQs to in-game translations for Smite, an upcoming MOBA...
Instructor, French language
2002 - 2013
I have amassed considerable teaching experience in the French language at the college level in all areas - language comprehension from elementary to advanced proficiency, conversation, composition,...
TransGaming Digital Home
2011 - 2012
I worked for a North American on-demand video gaming company with services in France. In this capacity I:
- created and translated text for French users
- generated textual assets for our gaming...
Doctor of Philosophy
2001 - 2012
Bachelor of Arts, French Studies
1996 - 2000
academic and creative writing