I work with a product development company specializing in industry specific solutions and strategic outsourcing services. As a technical writer my major duty involves writing and maintaining documents. I work with the software engineers/ programmers who design and implement software applications and also deal with an assortment of quality assurance (QA), marketing and executive personnel. I have to communicate information accurately and concisely in a way that is actually helpful to the ultimate end-user.
The following list describes some of my job duties and responsibilities.
1. Preparing system requirements documentation, functional specifications, training manual and online help documents.
2. Communicating with business analysts, developers, testers, database administrators and an assortment of quality assurance and marketing leads for documentation purpose.
3. Understanding the new products by accessing the application online.
4. Updating the versions on new releases.
5. Content writing for company websites and proof reading of documents.
6. Write marketing collaterals, flyers, newsletters and press releases for the organization.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Word and good exposure on PowerPoint, Excel, HTML and IT programming (C, Java).
8. Familiarity with Share Point Portal and photo softwares such as MS Paint or Adobe Photoshop.
9. A dedicated and diligent team player, ability to work comfortably with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Read More »