I am an experienced automotive electronics expert versed in analog, digital, mixed signal and power electronics design from the inner operations of an IC right up into the application. I have a strong, fundamental understanding of solid state devices and leverage that to extend into system level design.
Read More »
11/11-1/14 Elmos NA, Farmington Hills, MI Sr. Field Applications Engineer
• Developed competence in Brushed DC, Stepper and BLDC Motor Drive applications
• Produced H/W and S/W solutions including: Reference Designs and C Language code examples
showcasing Elmos devices for 8-bit & 16-bit devices
3/08-11/11 A123 Systems, Livonia, MI Principal Engineer – Core Electronics H/W
• Founding member of Automotive Solutions Group which brought advanced HEV battery manufacturing to the state of Michigan
• Co-developed the battery management system used in all A123 Systems high voltage packs manufactured and sold into the automotive market today.
• Primarily responsible for development of pack current/high voltage/isolation monitoring measurement module used in modular, scalable electronic battery management system.
• Other design responsibility included 12V starter battery BMS and 2 kW heater module for cold-start coolant warming.
• Presented a paper on the challenges of battery management design in the Plenary Session of APEC 2009 in Washington, DC.
11/06-3/08 Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, MI Research Engineer – R &A Organization
• Worked in vehicle integration prototype area of fuel cell power train development
• Co-developed a Lithium-ion battery management system
• Developed mixed-signal hardware & embedded software employing CAN to monitor traction battery current & voltage which provides input to State of Charge (SOC) and State of Health (SOH) functions
of the battery pack....
Read More »