Technical translator with lifetime experience in the following areas:
Read More »
politics/international relations; economy/finance; law and justice; earth sciences; environmental sciences; spatial planning and management; energy from all sources (conventional and renewable), related markets (power, gas, green, white and black certificates), renewable-energy support schemes, power generation, greenhouse gases etc., related legislation; ICT; medicine, ornithology, zoology, fisheries, cosmetics, etc.
Mother tongue: Italian
Other languages: English and...
- Translation of texts (from English/French into Italian and, as a non-mother tongue translator, from Italian/French into English), mostly published in international journals and on websites.
- Revision of technical texts written in English by Italians or translated from Italian into English and vice versa
- Editing and proof-reading
- Certified (sworn) translations
- Update courses for translators/interpreters
- Training of Italian speakers to participate in conferences and debates in English
In my fields of expertise:
- lessons of technical translation
- terminology consulting services
- Internet searches: retrieving documents and writing summary reports, with or without translation
Conference interpreting: whispered, consecutive and simultaneous (Language A: Italian; Languages B: English and French
Social skills: team working as part of translators' or interpreters' teams or professional committees and task forces
Organisational skills: organisation and management of interpreters’ teams; coordination of professional task forces and committees
References to published work and résumé on request
- Assointerpreti (Italian Association of Professional Conference Interpreters)
- Assiterm (Italian Terminology Association)
- Unione Geotermica Italiana (UGI, Italian Geothermal Union)/International Geothermal Association (IGA)
Read More »