Facts tell, but stories sell. To that end, the Play On Words team uses targeted messaging and benefits-driven storytelling to make your brand memorable.
Read More »
Play On Words is a full-service branding and writing agency composed of accomplished writers, editors, designers, and new media experts.
Headquartered in Van Nuys, California (in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles), our firm is headed up by Editor-in-Chief Sarah Daniels.
At Play On Words, we help you grow your business through carefully crafted writing, editing, naming, blogging, and...
View All »
May 1, 2010|Editing & Proofreading|$175|Working
Play On Words is in the business of increasing your company’s profitability through content development, communications strategy, and creative services.
From concept to copy, we can write an article, press release, or web page for you just as easily as we can edit your book, create your catchphrase, or shape your social media presence.
Our team has expertise and a breadth of knowledge in the following areas:
- Jewelry & Accessories
- Fashion & Apparel
- Trends & Colors
- Cosmetics & Skin Care
- Health & Beauty
- Food & Beverage
- IT & Electronics
- Entertainment & Amusement
- Film & Television
- Marketing & Advertising
- Retail & eCommerce
- New Media & Social Media
- Gen-X & Gen-Y
- Textbooks & Tests
We provide the following types of services:
- Original Writing
- Ghost Writing
- Web Content
- Press Releases
- Content Editing
- Copy Editing
- Naming Exercises
- Marketing Copy
- Facebook Status Updates
- Twitter Posts
- Brochures & Collateral
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Advertising & Marketing Pieces
- Real Estate
- Curriculum Development
Read More »
M2Media360 - JQ International Magazine
2008 - 2010
* Expanded readership by adding a digital flip book, web exclusive content, a community forum, newswire, runway videos, and more
* Created an active social media presence, utilizing Facebook,...
Gen-Y Marketing Inc. - IAB Magazine
Publisher and Editor-in-Chief
2006 - 2008
* Increased revenue by 8% to 13% per issue, bringing the advertising to editorial ratio up to 60:40 in only eight issues
* Expanded readership and increased loyalty by adding a digital edition,...
2005 - 2006
* Formulated lesson plans for and solo instructed the required course AW111: Academic Writing
* Assisted students with the creation, writing, and editing of four formal, research-based essays
The Valley Social Newspaper
2005 - 2006
* Single-handedly managed editorial and layout by overseeing columnists, artists, and graphic designers
* Created editorial calendars, solicited contributions, wrote features, and edited all...
National Academy of Sports Medicine
Senior Textbook Editor
2003 - 2004
* Managed the communications department and education division of national training certification agency
* Acted as sole editor of four full-length academic textbooks and accompanying study guides
The Foundation for AIDS and Immune Research
Grants Administration Manager
2000 - 2002
* Wrote, produced, and distributed RFPs, submission guidelines, and policies for grant-giving organization
* Reviewed applications, researched incoming proposals, and made funding recommendations
University of Southern California
Master of Professional Writing
2001 - 2002
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
1997 - 2000