Extra Nerds offers timely, reliable and superior quality technology consulting services. Our team of experienced and professional technology consultants, web developers, multimedia designers and server administrators are ready to provide your organization with the necessary human resources and expertise to succeed in meeting your goals. By matching the highly specific skill sets of our team members to the needs of our clients and their projects, the efforts of the Extra Nerds team have resulted in satisfied customers time and time again. Please feel free to explore our service offerings, view our portfolio and contact us to learn what Extra Nerds can do for you.
Extra Nerds is a small team of highly skilled software developers, multimedia artists, server administrators and technology consultants located in Athens, OH. We assist our clients with establishing or improving their web presence through various services we offer. We have worked with non-profit organizations, government institutions, and businesses of all sizes. Let our team put our combined experience to work for you.
President Sid McFarland established Extra Nerds in Athens, Ohio in 2005. Since then our team of experts has grown, our client base has diversified, and we continue to provide exceptional service to our valued customers.
Prior to launching Extra Nerds, Sid McFarland received valuable industry experience working with a large international private security firm, and received his B.S. degree in Computer Science at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio.
Please contact us to learn more about Extra Nerds and the services we offer.
Our work is focused in six main areas, as follows.
1. Consulting: Advising our clients on the best approaches to utilize web technologies
2. Web Design: Designing websites, creating web graphics, designing logos, search engine optimization and online advertising
3. Software Development: Creating web applications and adding functionality and interactivity to existing internet and intranet websites
4. Multimedia: Designing audio, video, Flash and HTML presentations and applications
5. Server Administration: Hosting web, email, DNS and database servers
6. Technical Support: Providing phone support to troubleshoot technical issues
STATE OF OHIO
REGISTERED TRADE NAME
STATE OF OHIO
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
Number of Employees
We like to set up and agree to clear lines of communication from the beginning of the project. It's helpful to start with a phone call to ensure we are on the same page with reference to the project scope and approach.
After this initial meeting, we establish clear milestones and dates on which you can expect to receive deliverables. We will add these milestones to the project on Elance and send for your approval. We keep our clients up to date with weekly status reports so you always know where we are in the process.
As the experts, we will provide guidance and support throughout the process if you have questions or concerns. We provide initial drafts and proofs for your review and solicit your feedback along the way. In the case of website and application development, we create environments for development, quality assurance and user acceptance testing so you can review our work before launching it in your production environment. We continue to develop the product until the customer is 100% satisfied.
* We require funds to be deposited in Escrow at Elance and all payments be made in accordance with eLance policies.
* The first milestone will be a 10% up-front deposit that must be funded before work can begin.
* The remaining payments will be tied to specific deliverables, with the final 25% due on project completion.