I have a B.A. in English, and for nine years I did editing and writing work for the second biggest law firm in Buffalo, New York. My duties included editing, writing, and proofreading business proposals, newsletters, journalistic pieces, website copy, press releases, and blog entries, which covered more than forty different practice areas (www.phillipslytle.com). In addition, my freelance nonfiction work has appeared in "Buffalo Spree Magazine," the "Buffalo News," and the "New York Law Journal"; a one-act play that I wrote was produced on...
Read More »
Jun 10, 2014|Editing & Proofreading|$22|Completed
Jun 9, 2014|Editing & Proofreading|$274|Completed
Jun 6, 2014|Editing & Proofreading|$41|Working
May 21, 2014|Creative Writing|$14|Completed
My editing, which is based on "The Chicago Manual of Style," is extremely accurate and detailed, and I always strive for grammatical and syntactical perfection. My goal is to make your written work as clear, concise, and readable as possible. With respect to copywriting, my tone ranges from professional, scholarly, and formal to relaxed, edgy, witty, and quirky depending on your needs.
My skills, experience, and accomplishments include the following:
- Scoring in the top 10% of all Elance providers for "The Chicago Manual of Style" English Editing Skills Test (U.S. version) and the U.S English Grammar Test for Writing Professionals.
- Editing and writing copy for attorneys that has appeared in print in the "Metropolitan Corporate Counsel," "American British Business," the "Albany Law Review," and the "New York Law Journal."
- Editing copy for Trizic, a technology company that provides high-performance, web-based investment management solutions to financial institutions.
- Editing marketing materials for ExamSoft, a computer-based testing company and the trusted partner for hundreds of academic, certifying, and licensing institutions, including 38 state bar examiners.
- Writing and editing more than 200 business proposals, which have helped generate millions of dollars in legal fees for a law firm.
- Writing journalistic pieces for "Buffalo Spree Magazine," a national award-winning monthly publication.
Read More »
Phillips Lytle LLP
Business Development Manager
2003 - 2012
Responsible for writing, editing, and proofreading a wide variety of business and marketing copy for the second biggest law firm in Buffalo, New York.