I have a B.A. in English, and for nine years I edited business and marketing copy for the second biggest law firm in Buffalo, New York, Philips Lytle LLP. I've also edited books for Happy About, a publishing house in California. In addition, my freelance nonfiction work has appeared in "Buffalo Spree" magazine, the "Buffalo News," and the "New York Law Journal"; a one-act play that I wrote was staged at a small theatre in Buffalo, New York, in January 2007; and I've had four flash-fiction stories published in electronic literary magazines.
Read More »
Apr 17, 2015|Editing & Proofreading|$20|Completed
Feb 23, 2015|Editing & Proofreading|$0|Completed
Feb 5, 2015|Newsletters|$23|Completed
Feb 5, 2015|Newsletters|$135|Completed
My editing, which is based on "The Chicago Manual of Style," is extremely accurate and detailed, and I always strive for grammatical and syntactical perfection. My goal is to make your written work as clear, concise, and readable as possible. With respect to copywriting, my tone ranges from professional, scholarly, and formal to relaxed, edgy, witty, and quirky depending on your needs.
My skills, experience, and accomplishments include the following:
- Scoring in the top 10% of all Elance providers for "The Chicago Manual of Style" English Editing Skills Test (U.S. version) and the U.S English Grammar Test for Writing Professionals.
- Editing a book for an Elance client titled “The Chi of Change,” which was an Amazon number one best seller.
- Editing and writing copy for attorneys that has appeared in print in the "Metropolitan Corporate Counsel," "American British Business," the "Albany Law Review," and the "New York Law Journal."
- Editing marketing materials for Aars | Wells, an ad agency in Dallas, Texas, that has earned more than 75 local, national, and international awards for creative excellence.
- Writing journalistic pieces for "Buffalo Spree" magazine, a national award-winning monthly publication.
Read More »
Phillips Lytle LLP
Business Development Manager
2003 - 2012
Responsible for editing a wide variety of business and marketing copy for the second biggest law firm in Buffalo, New York, Phillips Lytle LLP.