I have a B.A. in English, and for nine years I did editing and writing work for the second biggest law firm in Buffalo, New York. My duties included editing, writing, and proofreading business proposals, newsletters, journalistic pieces, website copy, press releases, and blog entries, which covered more than forty different practice areas (www.phillipslytle.com). In addition, my freelance nonfiction work has appeared in "Buffalo Spree Magazine," the "Buffalo News," and the "New York Law Journal"; a one-act play that I wrote was produced on...
Read More »
Apr 9, 2014|Editing & Proofreading|$14|Completed
Apr 9, 2014|Editing & Proofreading|$114|Working
Mar 14, 2014|Sales Writing|$44|Completed
Dec 27, 2013|Editing & Proofreading|$497|Working
My editing is accurate and detailed. My writing is clear, concise, and straightforward, and my tone ranges from professional, academic, and formal to relaxed, edgy, witty, and quirky depending on your needs. I've never missed a deadline either. If you give me an assignment, you will be very happy with the results and the experience, I promise.
My skills, experience, and accomplishments include the following:
- Scoring in the top 10% of all Elance providers for "The Chicago Manual of Style" English Editing Skills Test (U.S. version) and the U.S English Grammar Test for Writing Professionals.
- Writing and editing copy for attorneys that has appeared in print in the "Metropolitan Corporate Counsel," "American British Business," the "Albany Law Review," and the "New York Law Journal."
- Writing and editing copy for Trizic, a technology company that provides high-performance, web-based investment management solutions to financial institutions.
- Editing marketing materials for ExamSoft, a computer-based testing company and the trusted partner for hundreds of academic, certifying, and licensing institutions, including 38 state bar examiners.
- Doing book editing for Happy About, a publishing house in California.
- Writing and editing more than 200 business proposals, which have helped generate millions of dollars in legal fees for a law firm.
- Having a cover story about Gaelic football published in "Buffalo Spree Magazine" in July 2005.
Read More »
Phillips Lytle LLP
Business Development Manager
2003 - 2012
- Responsible for writing, editing, and proofreading a wide variety of business and marketing copy for the second biggest law firm in Buffalo, New York.