I have a B.A. in English, and for nine years I edited business and marketing copy for the second-biggest law firm in Buffalo, New York, Philips Lytle LLP. I've also edited books for Happy About, a publishing house in California. In addition, my freelance nonfiction work has appeared in "Buffalo Spree" magazine, the "Buffalo News," and the "New York Law Journal"; a one-act play that I wrote was staged at a small theatre in Buffalo, New York, in January 2007; and I've had four flash-fiction stories published in electronic literary magazines.
Read More »
Jul 27, 2015|Editing & Proofreading|$75|Completed
Jul 8, 2015|Editing & Proofreading|$219|Completed
Apr 17, 2015|Editing & Proofreading|$20|Completed
Feb 23, 2015|Editing & Proofreading|$0|Completed
My editing, which is based on "The Chicago Manual of Style," is always in accordance with the client’s expectations. Whether your tone is professional, scholarly, and formal or relaxed, conversational, and quirky, I can make your writing better without changing your voice.
My skills, experience, and accomplishments include the following:
- Scoring in the top 10% of all Elance providers for "The Chicago Manual of Style" English Editing Skills Test (U.S. version) and the U.S English Grammar Test for Writing Professionals.
- Editing a book for an Elance client titled “The Chi of Change,” which was an Amazon number one best seller.
- Editing and writing copy for attorneys that has appeared in print in the "Metropolitan Corporate Counsel," "American British Business," the "Albany Law Review," and the "New York Law Journal."
- Editing marketing materials for Aars | Wells, an ad agency in Dallas, Texas, that has earned more than 75 local, national, and international awards for creative excellence.
- Writing journalistic pieces for "Buffalo Spree" magazine, a national award-winning monthly publication.
Read More »
Phillips Lytle LLP
2003 - 2012
Responsible for editing and writing a wide variety of business copy for the second-biggest law firm in Buffalo, New York, Phillips Lytle LLP.
Inside Sales Representative
1990 - 1997
Promoted to Senior Sales Account Executive in 1996 for the world's largest computer distributor. Helped close a $50 million annual purchasing agreement in 1996 with the largest computer reseller in...