I have a B.A. in English, and for nine years I did editing and writing work for the second biggest law firm in Buffalo, New York. My duties included editing, writing, and proofreading proposals, newsletters, client alerts, pitch letters, journalistic pieces, website copy, press releases, and blog entries, which covered a wide variety of topics (www.phillipslytle.com). In addition, my freelance nonfiction work has appeared in "Buffalo Spree Magazine," where I primarily covered the arts scene for two years; the "Buffalo News"; and the "New...
Read More »
Dec 27, 2013|Editing & Proofreading|$305|Working
Jul 22, 2013|Editing & Proofreading|$834|Completed
Jul 8, 2013|Editing & Proofreading|$161|Completed
Jul 8, 2013|Editing & Proofreading|$66|Completed
My editing is accurate and detailed. My writing is clear, concise, and straightforward, and my tone ranges from professional, academic, and formal to relaxed, edgy, witty, and quirky depending on your needs. I've never missed a deadline either. If you give me an assignment, you will be very happy with the results and the experience, I promise.
My skills, experience, and accomplishments include:
- Scoring in the top 10% of all Elance providers for “The Chicago Manual of Style” English Editing Skills Test (U.S. version) and the U.S English Grammar Test for Writing Professionals.
- Helping attorneys with a variety of writing and editing assignments. This includes writing, editing, and revising copy that has appeared in print in the "Metropolitan Corporate Counsel," "American British Business," the "Albany Law Review," and the "New York Law Journal."
- Editing marketing materials for ExamSoft, a computer-based testing company and the trusted partner for hundreds of academic, certifying, and licensing institutions, including 38 state bar examiners.
- Doing book editing for Happy About, a publishing house in California.
- Writing and editing more than 200 business proposals, which have helped generate millions of dollars in legal fees for a law firm.
- Having a cover story about Gaelic football published in “Buffalo Spree Magazine” in July 2005.
Read More »
Phillips Lytle LLP
Business Development Manager
2003 - 2012
- Responsible for writing, editing, and proofreading a wide variety of business and marketing copy for the second biggest law firm in Buffalo, New York.