I am an engineering professional with 27 years experience in Technical Publications, Bid Writing, Integrated Logistic Support and System Safety. Highly experienced in the requirements of the UK, North American and European defence and government markets.
Read More »
I am well practised in producing tender and bid responses, the tailoring of Integrated Logistic Support to meet customer requirements, and the project management of equipment support functions, coupled with a very broad range of Technical Publications experience. I am a versatile...
Jul 22, 2014|Technical Writing|$307|Completed
May 9, 2014|Technical Writing|$2,448|Completed
Mar 31, 2014|Technical Writing|$537|Completed
Mar 12, 2014|Writing Project Management|$729|Completed
Technology areas with which I am familiar include mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, electronics, EW, and software.
I have written many sets of technical manuals, including:
- Operating instructions,
- Detailed technical descriptions,
- Fitting and installation instructions,
- Failure diagnosis procedures,
- Repair instructions,
- Inspection procedures,
- Planned and Scheduled maintenance schedules,
- Parts Catalogues.
I have considerable and wide ranging expertise in Bid Management and writing of detailed responses to "Invitations To Tender" and "Requests For Quotation" from Government departments and large corporations.
My proven skills also include:
1) Estimating the cost and timescale of technical publication and logistic support activities.
2) The production of Safety and Environmental Management Plans.
3) The management, writing, technical checking and editing of Safety Case Reports and Safety Assessment Reports.
4) Placing sub-contracts and managing suppliers of specialist capabilities.
5) Undertaking spares provisioning activities, including assigning Source, Maintenance and Repair (SMR) codes for equipment for the United States market.
6) Training needs analysis.
7) Writing Training Plans and Training Manuals.
8) The management, writing, technical checking and editing of Environmental Impact Management Plans and Environmental Impact Statements.
9) Documenting work procedures.
10) Writing Equipment...
Read More »