I am a talented freelance public relations expert with over 12 years of accomplished writing experience. I am motivated, hard working, and productive; with a proven ability to deliver high-quality work and excellent customer satisfaction under strict deadlines.
My agency offers a wide range of services that include:
- conducting publicity campaigns
- creating targeted media lists and managing editorial calendars
- pitching the media
- writing press releases and creating press kits
- copy writing including news articles, newsletters, feature stories, company profiles, fact sheets, biographies, new product launches, announcements, event descriptions, pre and post-event coverage, media advisories, corporate documents and more
- web management, development and content writing
- creating marketing materials such as sales collateral, online and offline corporate positioning documents, and publicity pieces
- planning and executing events
I am a hard-working, dedicated, self-starter with 12 years of writing and pitching experience. Making sure my clients have excellent service is my goal. I am results driven and stop at nothing less than excellence. I have a proven media placement record, exceptional writing skills, and am easy to work with. I not only help companies and individuals with PR and writing needs, but I also brainstorm to help with business development.
I have experience managing all aspects of public relations, while simultaneously managing an array of activities such as writing copy, crafting marketing materials including sales collateral, online and offline corporate positioning documents, websites, publicity, press releases, tradeshow pieces, and more. I have overseen and created many effective outreach campaigns. I was the PR Manager for many years at Canon Communications and now work with many clients on a freelance basis. One of my current clients, Tomorrow's Event Productions, specializes in events and I have helped them in all areas of planning and execution. I also developed Red Carpet events on a tradeshow floor in New York for one of my clients. Presently I am working with the composer, John Dickson, and we are redesigning his website. I was in charge of both the customer and employee newsletters when I worked at Colors by Design. I have a stellar media contact list and am great at pitching.
I specialize in developing websites and writing web content. My company also offers website creation and SEO (search word optimization) services.
We offer clipping, media list creation, and wire services.
University of California at Los Angeles
Certificate in Public Relations
California State University Northridge
BA in Speech Communications, Public Relations
1992 - 1997
Chatterbox PR, Ink
2000 - Present
Offer services such as writing press releases, brochures, newsletters, fact sheets, biographies, e-mail campaigns, writing and maintaining website content, ad copy, media advisories, and feature stories; assembling media kits; managing effective communication campaigns, making trade show appearances; mailing list identification; organizing and overseeing pressrooms; consulting and pitching the media.
Tomorrow's Event Productions
PR & Communications Manager
2000 - 2003
- Create advertising, marketing and public relations plans, by implementing ad campaigns, creating company identity, attending tradeshows, building website, producing e-mail campaigns, and writing press releases, brochures, and mailers, resulting in a 20% sales increase.
- Write newsletters, articles, employee handbook, mission statement, brochures, ad copy, website text, mailers, and press materials.
- Plan, manage, and implement media relations.
- Oversee internal communications.
- Organize, plan, and oversee special events such as tradeshows, sales meetings, holiday parties, and fundraisers, while working within a budget.
- Hire, train, and oversee staff as well as vendors to produce end results of the highest quality.
PR Assistant Manager
1999 - 2000
- Built first internal PR department by creating public relations program, media list, press kits, media kits, advisories and fact sheets for all ten Canon trade shows. These efforts yielded significant results and gained hundreds of media impressions in major trade and industry.
- Created a public relations plan aimed at exhibitors, resulting in the highest exhibitor participation ever at Canon. The plan consisted of obtaining product previews from exhibitors, communicating with various media, scheduling press conferences and providing quotes for articles.
- Planned, managed, and implemented all media relations. Oversaw the pressroom and media relations tours for all Canon trade events. Record media attendance received.
- Created password-protected website specifically for editors containing detailed information on Canon trade shows as well as exhibitor contact information and photos. In less than one year, 203 editors registered for this site.
- Developed the company's first public relations budget.
- Initiated relationship with Business Wire for press release distribution as well as for tradeout deals in which Canon received an archived web page on each show for a period of one year.
- Oversaw and managed all aspects of the Medical Design Excellence Awards including ad and editorial placement, collateral, worked with the winners in pitching, created winners packets and wrote and executed entire awards ceremony.