Professor and Academic Editor, I hold a PhD in English Literature and offer professional editing and proofreading services on and off the web. Senior Member of the Editor's Association of Canada (EAC).
Read More »
Backed up by almost four decades in the academia (lecturing, advising, writing, translating, editing, proofreading) a solid background in Linguistics and Philosophy and a love of the written word, I am working with students, academics and writers to fine-tune manuscripts of all kinds for publication. A published author of academic, non-fiction...
Apr 15, 2014|Academic Writing|Private|Working
Jan 28, 2014|Editing & Proofreading|Private|Completed
I am only working directly with the author (no subcontractors).
A comprehensive list of recently edited dissertations and books is available upon request as it would not fit into the format of this profile (or it can be viewed on my professional website).
LINE EDITING for Books, e-Books, Fiction and Non-Fiction, including but not limited to: biographies, science books, new age philosophy, memoirs, travel memoirs, historical novels, romantic, mystery novels, and more.
The editing process develops in three stages:
1) Standard editing for grammar, syntax, sentence structure, punctuation.
2) CONTENT analysis: Argument, plot(s) development, character development and accuracy, readability, pace, tone, redundancy, conflict lines, etc.
3) STRUCTURAL analysis, developmental analysis and improvement + complementary final proofreading
ACADEMIC EDITING/Proofreading - BA, MA, PhD dissertations, proposals, articles, reviews, research proposals, etc.
Two stage editing process:
1) Standard /basic editing: grammar, punctuation, syntax, phrase construction, indentations, quotation system, redundance, etc
2) Structural Academic Editing: dissertation/thesis structure and organization, argument development, academic formatting, literature review, etc)
ACADEMIC ADVISING - offering expert advice in researching, organizing, writing academic material, formatting/organizing a thesis/proposal/dissertation to maintain argument, fluency and readability, collecting data.
NOTE: I do NOT research...
Read More »