GrabCAD is the largest online community by, and for, Mechanical Design Engineers.
Read More »
From engineers looking to share their talent and designs with the world, to customers looking to crowd-source solutions to their toughest design problems from hundreds of thousands of GrabCAD members, to employers contracting directly with engineers for ad-hoc design work in lieu of full-time hires, to members who simply wish to download from our extensive catalog of free models, GrabCAD brings the power of the web to all mechanical design needs.
A GrabCAD Challenge is design contest presented by a Sponsor to our community of hundreds of thousands of GrabCAD members. The Sponsor sets all the conditions of the Challenge such as total award amounts, individual award levels, subset of GrabCAD community invited to the Challenge, selection of the Jury responsible for evaluation, evaluation criteria the Jury is to apply, determining whether the entries are public or private, duration of the contest, follow-on engagement with winner(s) to refine ideas in preparation for manufacture, etc.
Commonly known as “crowd-sourcing”, a GrabCAD Challenge has the following benefits:
- A great number of ideas generated quickly
- Fresh perspectives as compared to conservative, safe, classic in-house approaches
- Heat of competition drives GrabCAD members to go the extra mile
- Orders of magnitude higher return-on-investment as compared to in-house costs
- Great marketing opportunity to showcase a product to THE online community of engineers and designers
- Ability to find new engineers to augment your team from the pool of industry professionals
Previous challenges can be seen here: grabcad.com/challenges
Read More »